TMC Rincon Surgery Center - Administrator
TMC Health, which has been around for over 75 years, is currently recruiting for a strategic Administrator to join our dynamic team at our state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center, where cutting edge meets exceptional patient care. The ASC specializes in Orthopedic, Urology, and General surgery for both adults and pediatrics. Our 17,000 square foot center, which opened in the fall of 2022, houses 4 operating rooms and 15 pre-op/recovery bays, with the ability to expand by 2 additional operating rooms for gastroenterology procedures. As a TMC Health employee, you will benefit from a comprehensive package of benefits, which includes paid time off, bonuses, and work/life balance.
Provides marketing, clinical and operational leadership, direction and administration of all aspects of the organization’s activities to ensure accomplishment of its objectives. Responsible for financial and operational success of the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located at the TMC Rincon Campus.
In concert with the Board, provides primary leadership in planning, developing, licensing and operating the ASC.
Plans, organizes, directs and evaluate activities of clinical and business operations of the facility.
Directs, monitors and evaluates ASC activities to ensure professional surgical and nursing care for each patient.
Develops/monitors guidelines and standards for assuring compliance with state licensure, CMS, federal regulations and accreditation. Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties. Initiates appropriate changes.
Provides direction for evaluation of all facility programs and committee activities, including but not limited to Medical Executive Committee, Safety, Infection control and Credentialing.
Recruits new physicians to the ASC as appropriate.
Markets ASC services to non-ASC physicians and physician groups.
Negotiates payer agreements on behalf of Rincon ASC.
Informs Board about current trends, problems and activities in the medical field and the ASC industry to facilitate policy-making.
Performs and presents feasibility studies for capital expenditures.
Participates and coordinates training of new Board members.
Provides direction for employee training and motivation and completes/supervises performance evaluations on a timely basis.
Coordinates with the Board, medical staff and other ASC personnel the monitoring of medical activities to ensure the fulfillment of the community’s needs for quality healthcare.
Consults with relevant staff and departments prior to recommending and establishing new policies to ensure the availability of support and resources.
Encourage the interaction of the ASC with the community through effective communication and public relations programs.
Represents the ASC in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies and third-party payers.
Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the Board and its committees, the medical and administrative staff.
Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful ASC atmosphere.
Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional growth and development to keep current in the latest trends in ASC administration.
Maintains strictest confidentiality
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business, or related field required. Advanced degree (MSN, MBA) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of leadership experience required. Two (2) years of experience as Administrator, Director of Nursing or Manager of an ASC, multi-specialty preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Knowledge state, regulatory, CMS and AAAHC accrediting requirements.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of ASC operations and management sufficient to manage, direct and coordinate the operation the Rincon ASC.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organization objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to assume responsibility and exercise authority over assigned work functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to organize and integrate organizational priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.