Tests, debugs and documents those operating environments associated with Operating Systems and business specific applications. Performs routine maintenance for Operating Systems, Clinical and Business software packages. Modifies and upgrades systems software and program products to current release levels. Works in conjunction with Sr. Systems Software Engineers in dealing, with Operating System and application maintenance.
Creates and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Modifies and maintains release levels and incorporates release level co-dependencies across multiple systems to ensure integrity and interoperability.
Performs upgrades to systems software to maintain them at current or appropriate release levels, specializing in one or more areas.
Participates with team members in the evaluation and recommendation of new and related technologies, and in recommending upgrades to supporting software.
Formulates specifications for complex operating software programming applications.
Determines, documents, and presents information for the selection and implementation of vendor products which meet the needs of the company.
Assists computer operators with problems relating to software and hardware.
Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
Completes work as described in Statements of Work, Service Level Agreements, or project plans.
Adheres to standards for use of products in operating systems and utilities.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years working with Microsoft or UNIX based technologies.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas, operating system engineering, messaging, database administration, storage management, interface coding, thin client technology, and/or technical project management.
- Skill in assessing system problems and making recommendations to management for proper solution.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.