Tucson Medical Center is seeking a Systems Engineer to design, deploy, update and manage a complex Windows server and clinical application environment. The Systems Engineer in this role is expected to bring top notch infrastructure design, issue resolution, and communication skills to the role to deliver outstanding value to the organization. We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and decisive individual, with an exceptionally positive attitude, to provide engineering and systems management expertise in this important role. This position may be offered as a Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have a background in healthcare IT – though not essential. Strong candidates with the right attitude and desire to excel will be considered, based on the overall strength of the applicant.
Creates and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Modifies and maintains release levels and incorporates release level co-dependencies across multiple systems to ensure integrity and interoperability.
Performs upgrades to systems software to maintain them at current or appropriate release levels, specializing in one or more areas.
Participates with team members in the evaluation and recommendation of new and related technologies, and in recommending upgrades to supporting software.
Formulates specifications for complex operating software programming applications.
Determines, documents, and presents information for the selection and implementation of vendor products which meet the needs of the company.
Assists computer operators with problems relating to software and hardware.
Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
Completes work as described in Statements of Work, Service Level Agreements, or project plans.
Adheres to standards for use of products in operating systems and utilities.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years working with Microsoft or UNIX based technologies, 3 years of systems engineering experience preferred
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Active Directory management
- Administration of Windows Server 2008 and up
- VMware guest management in an enterprise environment
- HIM experience, with Epic being preferred
- Ability to evaluate server build needs from a systems requirement document and deliver
- Practical understanding of application High Availability implementation and management
- Practical understanding of networking, to include DNS, DHCP and VLAN segregation
- Author and update knowledgebase and standard work documentation
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Eagerness to seek and take on new challenges, learn and grow new skills
- Proficiency with Windows PowerShell
- Windows server load balancing
- Citrix XenApp administration a plus
- SQL Server 2008 R2 and up administration a plus
- Microsoft Systems Center
- Skill in assessing system problems and making recommendations to management for proper solution.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.