Systems Engineer Sr
Tucson Medical Center is seeking a Systems Engineer to architect, deploy, update and manage a complex enterprise server and application environment. The Systems Engineer in this role is expected to bring top notch infrastructure design, issue resolution, and communication skills to the role to deliver outstanding value to the organization. We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and decisive individual, with an exceptionally positive attitude, to provide engineering, data center and systems management expertise in this important role. This position may be offered as a Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer, depending on experience. The ideal candidate will have a background in healthcare IT – though not essential. Strong candidates with the right attitude and desire to excel will be considered, based on the overall strength of the applicant.
Formulates and defines specifications for operating systems based on company and industry standards. Modifies and maintains complex, existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents operating environments associated with operating systems, clinical and business specific applications. Maintains applications dealing with operating systems involving maintenance routines, and clinical and business software packages. Manages upgrades to systems software and applications maintaining current release levels.
Provides timely resolution of complex problems affecting the operation of operating systems and program products.
Evaluates new and existing software products, and makes recommendations to management.
Creates and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Modifies and maintains release levels and incorporates release level co-dependencies across multiple systems to ensure integrity and interoperability.
Performs upgrades to systems software to maintain them at current or appropriate release levels, specializing in one or more areas
Formulates specifications for complex operating software programming applications.
Sets standards for use of products in operating systems, utilities, networking, or telecommunications.
Determines, documents, and presents information for the selection and implementation of vendor products which meet the needs of the company.
Completes work as described in the SOW, SLA, or project plans.
Researches new developments in hardware and software.
Assists computer operators with problems relating to software and hardware.
Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of software engineering experience, Five (5) years preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
The following skills are essential in this position:
- Active Directory management.
- Administration of Windows Server 2008 and up.
- Virtual server management and architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Microsoft Exchange administration and design.
- Enterprise backup and recovery design and management.
- Ability to evaluate server build needs from a systems requirement document and deliver.
- Proven track record of evaluating vendor documentation to deliver secure solutions.
- Thorough understanding of application High Availability implementation and management.
- Thorough understanding of networking, to include DNS, DHCP and VLAN segregation.
- Author and update knowledgebase and standard work documentation.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Proficiency with Windows PowerShell.
- Eagerness to seek and take on new challenges, learn and grow new skills.
- Exceptionally positive attitude.
The following skills are preferred but not essential in this position:
- VMware ESXi architecture/design.
- Certificate management and deployment.
- Datacenter design, management and planning.
- Enterprise server load balancing.
- Microsoft Systems Center (SCOM/SCCM).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas, operating system engineering, messaging, database administration, storage management, interface coding, thin client technology, and/or technical project management.
- Skill in assessing system problems and making recommendations to management for proper solution.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.