Systems Engineer Sr
Formulates and defines specifications for operating systems based on company and industry standards. Modifies and maintains complex, existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents operating environments associated with operating systems, clinical and business specific applications. Maintains applications dealing with operating systems involving maintenance routines, and clinical and business software packages. Manages upgrades to systems software and applications maintaining current release levels.
Provides timely resolution of complex problems affecting the operation of operating systems and program products.
Evaluates new and existing software products, and makes recommendations to management.
Creates and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Modifies and maintains release levels and incorporates release level co-dependencies across multiple systems to ensure integrity and interoperability.
Performs upgrades to systems software to maintain them at current or appropriate release levels, specializing in one or more areas
Formulates specifications for complex operating software programming applications.
Sets standards for use of products in operating systems, utilities, networking, or telecommunications.
Determines, documents, and presents information for the selection and implementation of vendor products which meet the needs of the company.
Completes work as described in the SOW, SLA, or project plans.
Researches new developments in hardware and software.
Assists computer operators with problems relating to software and hardware.
Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of software engineering experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas, operating system engineering, messaging, database administration, storage management, interface coding, thin client technology, and/or technical project management.
- Skill in assessing system problems and making recommendations to management for proper solution.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.