Surgical Technician - TMC Rincon
Come join our new TMC Rincon Campus opening in 2024!
TMC Health, located in Tucson, Arizona will be opening its’ newest campus in 2024. TMC Rincon, located in southeast Tucson, will serve a growing population within Tucson as well as the nearby city of Vail. TMC Rincon will have 55-beds, full-service emergency services, imaging, laboratory, operating suites, cath lab as well as other services. The obstetrics floor includes 3 OB triage rooms and 6 labor/delivery/recovery/post-partum suites and a C-section room. Each room will enjoy panoramic views of the Rincon Mountains. The TMC Rincon campus also includes a medical office building as well as new ambulatory surgery center.
Performs preoperative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment. Scrubs and assists surgical team in donning of gowns and gloves. Provides instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during operative procedures. Drapes patient for surgical procedure.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Monitors all high risk and complicated cases and institute appropriate actions.
Prepares rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment.
Assists in identifying, collecting, and caring for specimens.
Assists in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures, and sponges.
Monitors and restocks supplies.
Orients, instructs and trains assigned personnel.
Opens sterile supplies and sets up for procedures.
Decontaminates instruments, supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures; handles and stores instruments, equipment and supplies appropriately.
Communicates and interfaces with team members, patients, and medical staff to ensure high quality patient care.
Transports patients to and from Operating room suite; position patients according to type of surgery.
Performs biological and chemical monitoring in accordance with quality assurance standards.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: None required. One (1) year of surgical assistance experience preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate required. Additional certifications may be required per department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of surgical assist procedures and best practices.
- Skill in the sterilization and set up for different surgical procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.