Surgical Tech - Main OR
The Main OR has 14 Operating Rooms that include: 2 Endovascular rooms, 2 Open Heart rooms, 1 Cysto room, 1 da Vinci Robot room, and 1 Pediatric room. Services include: General Surgery (Adult and Peds), ENT (Adult and Peds), Urology (Adult and Peds), Vascular, Thoracic, Heart, Neuro, Podiatry, Ophthalmology, and Oral Surgery. The Operating Room is staffed 24/7. Pre-Op Holding (POH) is staffed Monday through Friday from 0530-1930 and on-call Saturday and Sunday 0645-1500. The Main PACU is a 24 bed unit, staffed 24/7 with call to accommodate surgeries.
Performs preoperative procedures such as selection and placement of surgical instruments, supplies and equipment. Scrubs and assists surgical team in donning of gowns and gloves. Provides instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during operative procedures. Drapes patient for surgical procedure.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Monitors all high risk and complicated cases and institute appropriate actions.
Prepares rooms with appropriate instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment.
Assists in identifying, collecting, and caring for specimens.
Assists in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures, and sponges.
Monitors and restocks supplies.
Orients, instructs and trains assigned personnel.
Opens sterile supplies and sets up for procedures.
Decontaminates instruments, supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures; handles and stores instruments, equipment and supplies appropriately.
Communicates and interfaces with team members, patients, and medical staff to ensure high quality patient care.
Transports patients to and from Operating room suite; position patients according to type of surgery.
Performs biological and chemical monitoring in accordance with quality assurance standards.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: None required. One (1) year of surgical assistance experience preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate required. Surgical Technician Certification required. Additional certifications may be required per department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of surgical assist procedures and best practices.
- Skill in the sterilization and set up for different surgical procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 30748