Supv HIM Operations
Effectively supervises the HIM Operations department to ensure operational workflow and compliance with TMCH policies and procedures, federal, state, local laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Supervises the processes of the HIM Operations department including prioritizing, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work i.e.: prepping, indexing, quality control, validation, electronic medical records incomplete process chart analysis, release of information.
Creates, monitors, audits, and provides reports on employee productivity and quality, data integrity issues, ROI, and analysis functions.
Assists in testing, implementation, training and documentation of any new technology, policies/ procedures or processes.
Participates in the development and implementation of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standard work, policies/procedures; monitors work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
Participates in the selection of staff; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies or performance improvements; mentors, coaches, and develops staff for higher performance.
Prepares and provides input on performance evaluation; keeps these tasks up-to-date and completed on time.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff; adheres to and supports staff in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Demonstrates and upholds established standards of behavior, safety, and confidentiality, as well as TMCH and department policies and standards; ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Maintains department records, reports, and files as required.
Adheres to TMCH organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) to four (4) years of acute care experience in the field of medical records and health information management that includes the preparation, maintenance, and management of electronic health records.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Accredited/Registered Health Information Technician or Administrator (RHIT/RHIA) or other American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) certifications preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of electronic health record, data integrity, release of information and chart analysis.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and coding.
- Skill in the use of computer applications such as: Excel, Word, Internet, e-mail, and terminal emulator programs; maintains basic knowledge of networked computer systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Possesses and maintains knowledge of current regulatory requirements for release of information.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients, and/or their representatives, and the public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.