Assembles and maintains supplies and equipment, disinfects patient and specialized equipment, stocks warehouse and pyxis supply stations with supplies, collects equipment from units or may disinfect equipment on site, receives requests via telephone or printer for equipment or supplies, delivers to patient floors, OR procedures area, lab or ER areas, as needed.
Makes hospital rounds and picks up patient care equipment on schedule and on as-needed basis, tears down and disinfects equipment and restocks shelves.
Responds to requests for equipment and supplies in a timely manner.
Accurately stocks shelves using appropriate charge codes, when applicable, and maintains an adequate amount of supplies to meet needs of departments.
Scans all appropriate supplies and equipment to proper patient and location; closes computer generated requests; tracks equipment throughout hospital.
Inspects patient equipment and assesses for functionality; enters work orders for repairs into computer system.
Prepares cases for OR by pulling stock from warehouse and conducts inventory review of OR suites and Pyxis supply stations to ensure optimal levels of stock are available.
Orders and restocks supplies as needed, returns unused stock to shelves, and regularly reviews for discontinued or out-of-date stock.
Maintains inventory systems, inventories and stocks storage areas and specialty carts; removes outdated or other unused supplies for proper disposition.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months to one (1) year of warehouse stocking experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: May require valid AZ fingerprint clearance card.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of warehousing and inventory control best practices.
- Knowledge of storage and stock rotation of all supplies stored in the department.
- Knowledge of infection control and universal precautions when reprocessing patient care equipment.
- Skill in preparing orders and delivering supplies and equipment to units or OR.
- Skill in organizing supplies for quick viewing and access.
- Skill in organizing work for efficiency while pulling and delivering supplies and collecting returns.
- Skill in basic computer applications and keyboarding.
- Ability to sterilize a variety of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to respond to needs in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers; ability to read a clock and accurately document time.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations