Speech Pathologist Per Diem - Willcox
Northern Cochise Community Hospital Position Description
JOB TITLE: Speech Pathologist
REPORTS TO: Rehabilitation Manager
Provide speech-language pathology services for clients/patients who demonstrate disorder of communication and/or swallowing.
Participates in assessment and treatment of patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate evaluation that identifies patient’s needs, deficits or dysfunction upon a physician’s referral, considering such variables as age groups:
-Adolescents (13 -17 years)
-Adults (18 – 65 years)
-Geriatrics (over 65 years)
- Performs screens, evaluations and /or treatments in a timely manner as set forth by the hospital and department policy.
- Demonstrates thoughtful planning and treatment through rehabilitation to D/C planning; modifies treatment plans/programs as necessary, considering such variables as age groups.
- Demonstrates prompt and accurate records of patient’s treatments and progress, regular assessments and progress goals. Uses measurable long term and short term goals that translate to functional skills and maximized function.
- Demonstrates responsibility when scheduling patients or transferring care in the event of absence.
- Demonstrates treatment skills that optimize patient recovery for various age groups, diagnosis’ and co-morbidity’s. Instructs families in management of patient with regard to patient’s case, capabilities and expected environment at the time of D/C.
- Accepts rotation of assignment as necessary.
- Acts as an assessment and treatment resource to levels of staff.
- Assists in the development of treatment programs and protocols by continuing to seek out education and literature and puts into practice.
Attends various committee meetings as needed.
- Performance Improvement
- Interdisciplinary Care Team
- Department Manager Meetings
- Other Committees as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Graduate of an accredited college program in Speech Therapy with a MS.
Prefer 2 or more years of work experience in acute care and skilled care or long term care settings, to include all ages of patients.
- Current, unrestricted Speech Therapist License from the Arizona State Board of Speech Therapy Examiners.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills. Experienced in public speaking and presentations. Strong leadership abilities inclusive of clinical skills and personnel management skills.