Service Line Coordinator
Provides daily coordination and supports clinical activities of the service line surgeons and coordinates operational efficiencies between hospital departments and physician’s offices. Works in direct collaboration with and serves as a liaison between surgeons, vendors, physician office/clinical staff, surgical staff, and support services to ensure quality and continuity of patient care within assigned service line.
Coordinates clinical supply and vendor needs of the assigned service line, collaborating with physicians, nursing staff, ancillary support services to ensure service line quality and efficiency
Order and maintain supplies, equipment, vendor instrumentation and implants. Coordinate receipt and distribution of materials
Monitor and evaluate supply cost, charges, and utilization of supplies. Provide input of necessary data for use in manager development of annual, capital, and operating budgets.
Serves as a resource to facilitate surgeon preference cards changes and updates
Provide assistance with special projects as requested.
Participates in daily planning, resource allocation, goal setting, quality and procedural analyses of the service line operations and related physician office, nursing and support units.
Serves as liaison between surgeon, OR staff, hospital and clinics to resolve problems, addressing concerns, and improving processes and procedures.
Responsible for outreach efforts to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key customers, i.e. physicians, vendors, office staff, surgical staff.
Maintain collaborative working relationship and compile necessary data with associated service line SLA’s.
Participate and support unit/hospital initiatives such as customer satisfaction, environmental safety, and quality.
Process equipment work orders and maintenance for department
Adheres to and support team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion and dedication
Adheres to TMCH organizational and department specific safety and confidentiality policies and standards
Performs related duties as assigned.
Cardio Vascular and Imaging:
Serves as liaison between Cardiologists, Radiologists, Cath Lab staff, Imaging staff, hospital and clinics to resolve problems, addressing concerns, and improving processes and procedures.
Coordinates committee and other departmental meetings and functions.
Ability to obtain, understand and process a wide variety of reporting mechanisms.
Works collaboratively with the Director of Cardiovascular and Imaging Services to ensure that both service lines are managed effectively and efficiently from an administrative level.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of professional healthcare coordination experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of managing projects and coordinating several projects at one time.
- Knowledge of physician practices and service line agreements
- Skill in providing feedback for performance metrics.
- Skill in both oral and written communications.
- Skill in working collaboratively and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, physicians and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.