Service Desk Specialist - FT Benson Hospital
Benson Hospital Position Description
Job Title: Information Technology Service Desk Analyst Department: Information
Reports To: Information Technology Director
The Information Technology Service Desk Analyst is responsible for assistance in
maintaining IT resources in the Hospital including workstations and related
peripherals, network infrastructure, copiers/printers/FAX, applications and
telecommunications. This includes configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting
and end user support/training.
1. Handles work requests entered through the service desk system which includes:
a. End user workstation issues (Windows, internet, office applications and
other general hardware and software troubleshooting).
b. Application issues related to any specialty software used in the hospital.
c. Copier/Printer related issues.
d. General network connectivity troubleshooting and repair.
e. Telephone/FAX issues.
f. Audio/Visual system issues.
g. Hardware/software upgrades and associated configurations.
2. Performs or assists in installing, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining end user
devices, applications and related infrastructure.
3. Participates in disaster recovery testing.
4. Assist in implementing and maintaining HIPAA compliance.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Director or Service Delivery Manager.
6. Complies with the hospital Corporate Compliance Program.
7. Participates in assigned meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Ability to carry out assigned work requests and maintenance tasks with the
need for limited supervision.
2. Principles, practices, and techniques in the installation, maintenance and
troubleshooting of workstations, peripherals, network infrastructure, printers
and other related hardware and software issues.
3. Strong knowledge in operating system and common application knowledge
(web browsers, Microsoft Office, Adobe etc.)
4. General knowledge in network infrastructure to troubleshoot and solve common
network/internet related issues. Troubleshoot and diagnose severity of network
problems and make repairs with little or no assistance.
5. General knowledge in analog and VOIP based phone systems.
6. General familiarity with desktop printers. Ability to resolve common issues both
hardware and software related.
7. General familiarity with A/V systems like smart TVs, digital display
systems/kiosks, audio/paging and related systems.
8. Make decisions and resolve problems. Seek out information and data to
evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
9. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships; work independently
and demonstrate initiative.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. A+ Hardware & Software, MCSA Windows 10 or equivalent certifications a plus.
3. Two years of PC computer troubleshooting, diagnosis and repairs including
hardware and software. Wide variety of knowledge in Windows workstation
based operating systems. Wide variety of knowledge in general applications used
on above systems.
4. Two years’ experience in network implementation, configuration, and
maintenance. Includes experience with LAN/WAN operations, VPN and other
remote access solutions, high speed Internet and telephony solutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Balancing Crouching Carrying (30 lbs.) Climbing
Keyboarding Lifting (30 lbs) Crawling Grasping
Pulling Talking Walking
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions
Airborne Particles Explosives Muscular Strain Temperature
Caustics Fumes Noise Toxicants
Chemicals High Places Odors Vibration
Electrical Current Moving Parts Physical Abuse Vision Strain
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21569