Service Desk Analyst Lead - Ops
Lead the Service Desk team to ensure the delivery of services to all Information Services (IS) customers (24 x 7, 365 days per year), ensure service levels are achieved in line with customer expectations. Ensure team responsibility for ownership of all customers’ incidents or logged service requests. Track team incidents and tasks to conclusion in line with SLAs and quality standards. Provide information about incidents analysis and KPIs to management including ticket analysis and call stats. Provide day-to-day guidance for team to help ensure adherence to policies, procedures, standard work and best practices. Ensures education of team members of latest upgrades in enterprise applications. Initiates and participates in process improvement initiatives and seeks ways to continually improve the work of the team (reduce waste, increase quality, etc.).
Develops documented processes to triage supported applications.
Defines and uses hand-off processes to have the appropriate team/person/vendor solve user issues.
Maintains team work schedule.
Ensures the Service Desk is fully using appropriate knowledge management tools and practices in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers.
Ensures that practices and processes exist that are repeatable and when possible are standardized.
Identifies and implements improvements to the Service Desk incident logging system in order to provide a more effective and efficient service to customers.
Identifies process improvements and changes, both internally for team and IS and externally for customers, to improve workflows, reduce time to resolution, reduce calls and improve end user experience.
Contributes to the success of the team by assisting in improving the overall customer experience within the team and across the department and hospital.
Continually monitors and applies current detailed knowledge of any core TMCH business processes.
Assists and/or participates in internal IS process improvement efforts. May participate in hospital Lean events, as needed.
Trains and guides other employees as required.
Maintains standards and sets a positive example in behavior, communication and demeanor as a leader of the team.
Creates and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of computer operations experience, including one (1) year in lead or supervisory capacity.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Skill in troubleshooting and following basic triage requirements to determine customer’s issues.
· Skill in following up on customer issues and forwarding needs as necessary.
· Skill in training and guiding others.
· Ability to communicate effectively via telephone, text messaging, email and documentation.
· Ability to respond to sensitive and/or confidential inquiries or complaints from physicians, clinical staff, business leaders, executives or employees in an appropriate manner.
· Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations and reports.
· Ability to effectively present information to management.
· Ability to speak up assertively to correct errors, prevent problems or avoid potentially negative outcomes.
· Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
· Ability to apply principles of logical, scientific thinking or critical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
· Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may potentially be exposed to infectious organisms during routine and emergency situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may potentially be exposed to infectious organisms during routine and emergency situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.