Protects buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, or illegal entry. Regularly tours the facility to determine that possible entry points are secure and not tampered with. May respond to employee calls for assistance or escort to and from parking lot or building. May be assigned to one post or may constantly tour the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Patrols hospital buildings and premises to prevent fire, theft, vandalism, and intruders.
Controls parking and traffic flow; enforce parking regulations.
Responds to emergencies such as accidents and injuries, crimes in progress and safety hazards.
Provides assistance, summon proper authorities and police to maintains order, safety and to protect property.
Directs and/or escorts patients, visitors, and personnel to hospital buildings and premises.
Secures and/or unlocks offices and facilities.
Handles all incoming telephone calls, exercises judgment as to the urgency or other nature of the call, and directs them to the appropriate personnel.
Investigates disturbances and, in the event of an emergency, take charge of policing to maintain order, safety, to protect order.
Prepares crime, injury and incident reports; maintains records on vehicle related issues.
Performs comprehensive investigations of alleged violations of criminal law; prepares reports detailing activities and findings.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma, or general education degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
EXPERIENCE : Six (6) months of security experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT : Due to insurance company requirements, incumbent must be 21 years of age or older in order to operate a company car.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION : Valid Arizona driver’s license. Security license by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. Must complete the following within 60 days of hire: Officers must complete the Security Departments approved training program in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Healthcare Restraints, Self Defense, and Baton. Officers must also complete any new additional training the department has approved to help create a safer environment for the Officer and everyone. Officers will need to re-certify every year and complete competencies throughout the year.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of security measures to be taken to secure facility, grounds, staff and the general public.
- Skill in patrolling grounds and facilities ensuring nothing is suspicious looking or possibly unsecured when it should be.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 31087