RN Quality - TMCOne
The RN Quality position supports clinical performance by chart abstraction, chart review, and reporting of medical record clinical documentation to support initiatives related to quality improvement, accreditation, and regulatory requirements. The RN Quality position will also act as an educational resource to Medical Assistants and Care Coordinators.
Utilizes clinical skills to analyze medical records and accurately report data.
Maintains knowledge of measure specifications and updates. Provides information related to changes to relevant professional staff and hospital leadership.
Supports quality improvement initiatives through team participation, data collection, process change implementation and other activities. Provides details of non-compliance to appropriate professional staff and/or clinical business owners.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times, including patient information, proprietary information and personnel information.
Coordinates statistical reporting and graphical representations of data; presents to groups.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of other team members.
Participates in professional growth and development through publications, seminars, workshops, conferences, and professional affiliates.
During emergency staffing may be required to provide patient care.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a qualified, nationally-accredited nursing program, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years RN nursing experience, preferably in an acute care setting. A background in quality, data analysis, and/or case review is preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Active unrestricted RN license within the State of Arizona, or NLC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to provide clinical review of care processes.
· Ability to navigate an Electronic Health Record.
· Knowledge of regulatory quality requirements.
· Skill in meeting facilitation.
· Skill in both written and oral communications.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, physicians and/or their representatives.
· Skill in the use of computer applications, and statistical analysis using a variety of tools such as EXCEL, Power Point, etc.
· Ability to analyze complex situations and recommend action plans.
· Ability to analyze clinical data efficiently and work with statistical concepts.