RN Bariatric Coordinator & Clinical Educator
$10,000 Sign-on bonus offered with 2 years of experience!
Description : Tucson Medical Center (TMC) is Tucson’s only non-profit community owned hospital. Employees choose to work at TMC because of our of integrity, community, dedication, and compassion which we show through the exceptional care we provide to our patients and our community. Our passion for caring for the Tucson community has expanded over the last to include community partnerships, new medical specialties, and medical clinics to further provide the care our community deserves.
Why Join Tucson Medical Center?
We don’t only care for our patients; we care for our TMC family too. As a member of our family, you can expect to enjoy a wide variety of benefits. In addition to all the benefits you would expect from a leading medical facility (medical, dental, vision, 401K with match) we also provide:
· Family Style Atmosphere with a Supportive Team
· Competitive Pay
· Career Growth Opportunities
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health and Wellness Coaching
· Extensive Onsite Gym for $12.00 a Month
This position is a hybrid role inclusive of a RN Metabolic and Bariatric Coordinator and RN Clinical Educator:
RN -- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (MBS) MBS Coordinator assists and works directly with the center’s MBS Director. Serves as liaison between other physicians, hospital organizations and patients to provide a continuum of care.
· RN -- Clinical Educator collects data for gap analysis, educates staff, supports new graduate nurses, orients, and supports new hires, creates and implements educational classes for house wide and unit specific needs. Provides on-going orientation and professional development for all levels of personnel within a clinical department or hospital wide. Provides clinical orientations, competency assurance and on-going education opportunities. Works in collaboration with other Clinical Educators in development and implementation of hospital-wide education programs.
Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
Experience : Three (3) years of RN experience preferably in a related unit/department within an acute care setting. Experience in healthcare-related field with current experience in the area of bariatrics.
Licensure and Certification: Current RN licensure permitting work in the state of Arizona. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Current Certified Bariatric Nurse from ASMBS. Additional certification may be required per department.