Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager - Mount Graham Regional Medical Center
Why should you want to work for Mount Graham Regional Medical Center (MGRMC)? You want a positive work environment and a dedicated group of co-workers! As one of the largest employers in Graham County, MGRMC has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. MGRMC offers a stable career option in a rural area having opened our doors in 1973. Your journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with MGRMC. Whether you are just beginning your career or your career pathway that has spanned 30 years, MGRMC may offer you a rewarding career option.
As an employee of MGRMC, you also have responsibilities to the organization by demonstrating your commitment to MGRMC’s Mission, Vision and Values. Additionally, you're expected to exhibit the values of MGRMC through the actions and behaviors you demonstrate to patients, their family members, your team and colleagues each day. You will find doing so is easy at an employer that takes care of you!!! MGRMC offers competitive non rural wages based on years of experience, some of the best benefits in the area and a bright future! Review the job summary below to see if this position fits you!!
Under the general supervision of the Vice President Chief Nursing Officer, the Case Manager is responsible for daily planning, coordination, and monitoring of patient care across the continuum. Case Manager is responsible for developing care on the assigned caseload, accountable for assuring effective use of available resources, maintaining established standards of care and meeting outcomes within an appropriate length of stay. Ensures that variations based on patients’ individual needs are justified and well documented.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school education or equivalent.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
- Current Arizona Registered Nurse License.
- Minimum two years RN acute care experience
- Maintains current CPR Certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or other approved educational programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of MGRMC personnel.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive communication with patients and family under stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- An understanding of computer systems, process design and data management.
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, & push 50 pounds.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
- Minimum two years RN case management experience in a critical access hospital
- Bachelor’s degree or certification.
- Knowledge of discharge planning and utilization review processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of social service needs.
- Knowledge of coding process.
- Previous Meditech experience or other related electronic records systems.