Registered Nurse - Med Surg - NCCH
Northern Cochise Community Hospital - Willcox, AZ
Summary: REGISTERED NURSE - Med/Surg (Night Shift / Full Time) is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate provision of safe patient care, assuring confidentiality, comfort, and advocacy within the scope of nursing practice. Manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities. This position may be asked to work at other NCCH-designated work location or sites as needed.
This position requires a commitment to teamwork, collaboration and department scheduling needs i.e. good attendance, attitude, customer services, communication skills, etc.,
Special Conditions: Subject to on call and call back after hours and weekends and during emergency conditions. Position is Safety Sensitive / Drug Free Workplace / Vaccination Requirements.
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) or designated administrator.
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Uses Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system and paper medical records to document nursing care provided.
- Assists Case management with Medicare and/or insurance documentation.
- Pursues professional growth and development.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others including physicians, nurses, administrators, managers, vendors, and other health care industry personnel.
Education and/or Experience:
ADN or BSN from accredited school of nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current, Unrestricted, Arizona RN license required.
- Current CPR or BLS required (American Heart Association).
- Current ACLS required.
- Preferred: PALS, TNCC.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to implement medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary for the care of the patient.
· Thorough knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, RN Scope of Practice, and the nursing processes and standards of care.
· Skills in basic nursing principles such as IV starts, NG tube and catheter placement, and basic physical assessments.
· Monitoring and reading of Basic Telemetry Patient.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills.
· Excellent customer service skills, as demonstrated through bedside manner.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· The ability to prioritize and make autonomous decisions.
· Working knowledge of organizational policies and procedures in compliances with health care laws and regulations.
· Understanding of HIPAA compliance, Patient Rights.
· Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations in census or acuity, and have strong organizational skills.
· Establish and maintain solid working relationships through communication, cooperation, and positive interactions with all patients/clients, employees, staff, providers, and vendors.