Radiology Technologist + Modality - Mount Graham Regional Medical Center
We Are Caring People Committed To Improving Community Health.
Expectations at MGRMC
- Excellence is about commitment. At MGRMC, we will:
- Make every patient and visitor's satisfaction a top priority.
- Go beyond the minimum required.
- Do all that is required to ensure a safe and secure environment within our hospital.
- Demand 100% effort from ourselves in everything we do while accepting nothing less from those we work with.
- Attitude - Our Attitude defines who we are. At MGRMC, we will:
- Recognize that our attitude is an expression to others of our character and integrity.
- Recognize that our attitude we carry as we approach our day to day tasks will inevitably drive our behavior.
- Have a pleasant attitude that underscores our principles of caring and compassion towards those we serve.
- Perform with an understanding that our organization, and each person who makes up our organization, will succeed as far as our attitude takes us.
- Compassion - A Compassionate gesture to a patient, a visitor or a fellow co-worker can be the difference between a positive or a negative experience. At MGRMC, we will:
- Approach our duties with a sense of Compassion.
- Show empathy to those who are struggling.
- Provide comfort when comfort is needed.
- Recognize that every person, whether patient, visitor or co-worker, deserves the same treatment that we would want for ourselves.
- Communication is the life blood of any organization. At MGRMC, we will:
- Strive to have full transparency, when possible, between Administration, Management and Staff.
- Expect everyone to take responsibility for receiving information that has been communicated.
- Provide clear, concise and timely information to our patients.
- Exhibit positive body language when communicating. We will listen with our eyes and our ears.
- Provide any instruction, feedback or criticism with tact.
- Professionalism is the standard by which every organization is judged. At MGRMC, we will:
- Be current in all educational aspects of our professions.
- Remain courteous at all times, especially in situations where discourteousness may seem the natural reaction.
- Exhibit the appearance, demeanor and grooming of one who belongs to a professional organization.
- Recognize the effect of our actions in front of non-staff members. What may be acceptable to an audience of co-workers, may not be acceptable to an audience of patients or visitors.
- Respect is a staple of any successful relationship. At MGRMC, we will:
- Recognize we are all one team in search of a common goal that will elude us if sought separately.
- Treat everyone (patients, visitors and co-workers) equally.
- Respect the privacy of others that we value for ourselves.
- Make time to praise and not just find time to criticize.
- Use hospital funds with prudence.
- Accountability - Holding people Accountable for their actions is the only way to guarantee our organization is living up to its Mission, Vision, and Value. At MGRMC, we will:
- Take responsibility and ownership for assignments that are given.
- Respect and established organizational chain of command.
- Be reliable in all our duties and expectations.
- Accept feedback and implement it.
- Always adhere to our 4A process for Service Recovery. (Anticipate, Acknowledge, Apologize and Amend)
- Expect to be held accountable to these Performance Standards.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Imaging performs a variety or routine diagnostic radiologic procedures.
- Must be at least18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school education or equivalent.
- Expected to maintain certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Current State and National certifications for required modality.
- Current CPR Certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or other approved educational programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- An understanding of computer systems, process design and data management.
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, & push 50 pounds.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of required modality.
- Previous Meditech experience or other related electronic records systems
Principle Clinical/Technical Duties
- Category: Patient Interaction
- Focuses on Excellent Customer Service—every patient, every time.
- Follows AIDET—Acknowledges patients by name, Introduces him/herself, informs them of the Duration of the exam/procedure, Explains what is happening thru the process-answers questions and gives discharge instructions. Thanks the person for their trust and time.
- Keeps patients and staff safe—Is conscious of, and protective of inherent risks in the department, such as ionizing radiation, MRI risks, patient falls, and contrast reactions. Follows ALARA
- Assumes responsibility for clarifying orders, obtaining and documenting proper patient preparation, pre-screening, and pertinent histories.
- Category: Teamwork
- Assist in other areas as needed and is responsible for other shifts and other duties as assigned.
- Appropriately responds to and reports any concerns such as contrast reactions.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work space.
- Works with radiologists and co-workers to develop and follow best practice protocols.
- Category: Core Competencies
- Maintains the technical competence to safely and efficiently produce high quality imaging studies as requested by ordering physicians and radiologists.
- Constantly seeks to improve department services, exam quality, and also minimize radiation exposure.
- Must be highly proficient in communication, computer use, and documentation of images, notes, logs, and charges. Is HIPAA compliant
- Stocks and ensure maintenance, proper use and care of rooms, equipment, aprons, and supplies.
- Knows, understands, and carefully uses the equipment, contrast agents and other supplies required to perform job.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement processes and projects. Learns, teaches and trains co-workers in all aspects of the job.
- Category: Other Duties
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a general description of the kinds of duties and responsibilities that are performed by employees who have this title. It shall not be construed as an all-inclusive determination of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended in any way to limit the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
- Works in an air controlled, confined space with frequent interruptions and pressure to meet deadlines. On call responsibility. Intermittent exposure to several disagreeable conditions. Reasonable possibility of contact with radiant energy, chemicals, and infectious material; possibility of more serious injury resulting in considerable loss of time from work. Job duties involve no exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue during the normal work routine, but employment may require performing unplanned Category I tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue.
Adherence to Policies & Procedures
- Consistently applies knowledge of policies/procedures in departmental performance. Recognizes and appropriately responds to deviations from departmental policy/procedure.
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate measures with consideration of cognitive/physical/emotional/ biological maturation level, in meeting needs of population served, as it relates to age-appropriate intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge of MGRMC safety policies/procedures contributes to a safe/secure work environment for everyone and initiates effective actions in response to potential and actual safety hazards.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21976