Quality Process Improvement Specialist
This role will require the use and application of Lean and quality improvement tools, and methods for developing and improving processes throughout the organization. Assist with engaging leaders to empower staff to drive improvements that will impact TMC’s True North initiatives. The Quality Improvement Specialist performs and oversees ongoing Quality Improvement activities to assure patient safety and evidence based practice, as well as, timeliness, accuracy and compliance with licensing, registry and regulation requirements. A successful coordinator works independently and in collaboration with the medical staff and other members of the health care team in developing ongoing evaluation programs to identify, resolve, and report opportunities to improve patient care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Creates well-developed oral and written communications.
Organizes and delivers professional presentations that communicate issues.
Assists with organizing and coordinating process improvement using Lean and quality improvement tools and methodology.
Develops rapport with customers, suppliers, leaders, and employees at all levels.
Coaches, mentors, teaches, and develops staff members in use and application of Lean and quality improvement tools.
Assists with facilitating and motivating cross-functional work groups to apply the Lean & Quality Improvement and management system.
Develops an understanding and proficiency in the use of basic lean/quality tools to identify and eliminate waste/variability throughout the organization.
Co-facilitates projects as assigned within agreed upon timeframe.
Ability to question staff using “humble inquiry”
Development of educational Lean/Quality content delivered at the appropriate level for the targeted audience.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMCH organizational and department-specific safety and confidentiality policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION : Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, Nursing, Communications, Finance or related field.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of experience in healthcare field, and three (3) years in quality process improvement. Preferred experience with Lean principles.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required. RN preferred. Process improvement or management engineering skills/training and project management certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge with project facilitation from start to finish.
· Knowledge of root causes creating process problems.
· Skill in verbal/written communication and report development in order to negotiate and persuade as needed.
· Skill in public speaking and presenting information to leadership, boards and committees.
· Skill in developing and maintaining working relationships with outside agencies, executive management, employees and the general public.
· Skill in applying and teaching exceptional customer service.
· Ability to develop, interpret and read detailed documents, contracts, proposals, and related legislative materials.
· Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret; ability to write reports and business correspondence
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or customers.
· Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
· Ability to identify positive or negative variances from expected outcomes.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 30918