Project Manager IS - Clinical Informatics
Leads and directs the planning and oversight of multiple high-level Enterprise-wide IT projects. Primary role involves assembling and leading project teams, assigning responsibilities, status reporting, performing resource assessments, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets. The ideal candidate will possess excellent people and communication skills, presenting information to senior and executive management, public groups, and/or the board of directors.
Develops project plans of varying complexity. Works with the business functional areas in defining scope, approach, resource requirements (including staff, financial, operational and physical requirements), timing, deliverables and in obtaining funding. Guides the vendor selection process and participates in vendor contract negotiation.
Plans, assigns, directs and evaluates work done by the project team and coordinates activities of sub-teams. Addresses complaints and problems encountered by team members. Manages consultants and vendor relations.
Develops and manages the project budget, insures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables and resource utilization. Manages scope, issues, risk, milestones and critical paths.
Maintains project documentation, and provides frequent written status updates to customer, project team, vendor and management. Applies facilitation skills to project related meetings. Meets customer expectations as delineated in statements of work, service level agreements and project plans.
Manages change control, assists with establishing and reporting on metrics, gathers end user assessments, surveys, and plans for post go live support. Uses standard methodology to manage the day-to-day operational aspects of a project, including testing, training, etc.
Monitors overall impact of the project and facilitates change management. May provide direct or indirect support of ongoing relationship with business areas.
Comprehends the business strategy and assists in translating business requirements into Information System plans. Performs cost analysis and feasibility studies.
Leads or assists in the supervision, recruitment, hiring and training of new departmental employees and provides input for the performance evaluation process.
Directs project teams in quality activities by educating, coaching and mentoring staff on process improvement philosophy, tools and application. Supports the efforts of other team members.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in computer systems strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of IS project management experience implementing large-scale Information Technology projects. Experience working with business stakeholders in a Healthcare care setting preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of approved Project Management methodologies.
- Gathering requirements, business analysis and building applicable project documentation.
- Proficiency with project management tools and related technologies.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, drive results, solve problems, and possess interpersonal skills from prior work situations.
- Knowledge of effective management and HR practices.
- Skill in providing excellent communication to persuade, negotiate, and facilitate learning.
- Skill in facilitating and providing training.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, management, regulatory agencies, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, general business periodicals, technical journals and procedures, general business periodicals, governmental regulations and/or legal documents.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to develop and maintain budgets, calculate figures, compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to develop and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations that conform to prescribed style and format.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 30877