Primary Care Physician - Benson Healthcare
Primary Care Physician - Benson Healthcare - located in Vail, AZ
This position is responsible for providing quality patient care to patients of all ages, utilizing quality expertise in diagnosis and treatment to prevent, remediate, or alleviate illness and promote health, thus resulting in improved patient outcomes. Consultation and collaboration are essential skills, as they are for all members of the healthcare team. Delivers primary care to new and established patients in accordance with the licensure and the highest standards of quality, integrity, and compassion.
1. To deliver a high standard of patient care as a Primary Care Physician in general practice, using advanced autonomous clinical skills, and a broad and in-depth theoretical knowledge base.
2. Maintains good standing with the Federal and State agencies avoiding any action that may lead to sanctioning, exclusion or other ineligible status, and will notify employer immediately of any action, notice, or event that could lead to exclusion or the allegation of malpractice. Provider will remain current with all licensure requirements, compliance training, to the Facility Code of Conduct, and other regulations or imperatives both current and as yet undefined.
3. Instigate necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interpret findings/reports.
4. Prescribe safe, effective, and appropriate medication as defined by current legislative framework.
5. To prioritize health problems and intervene appropriately, including initiation of effective emergency care.
6. Promote health and well-being using health promotion, health education, screening, and therapeutic communication skills
7. To clearly communicate the health status of the patient using appropriate terminology, technology, and format.
8. Provide safe, evidence-based, cost-effective, individualized patient care.
9. To work within the practice guidelines, policies, and procedures of Benson Healthcare.
10. Completes medical records and submits daily – usually by the conclusion of the day. Ensures that the procedural and diagnostic coding is easily affirmed by the legible documentation in the chart.
11. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Benson Healthcare policies and procedures.
12. Oversees delivery of appropriate services and monitors utilization and changes within the department.
13. Responsible for compliance with all accreditation and regulatory standards as appropriate.
14. Exhibits strong leadership, clinical and managerial skills and is a positive role model. Manages staff in partnership with administration.
15. Communicates inter- and intra-departmentally and promotes a team environment.
16. Serves as a technical consultant for medical and nursing staff.
17. Remains in compliance with the terms of the contract as well as all clinical and employment-related policies and procedures, terms and conditions.
1. To complete records, audits, reports and respond to appropriate questions and requests.
2. To attend meetings as requested.
3. Support effective communications channels between the whole team.
4. To keep the Director informed about pressures and difficulties or problem areas when aware.
5. To contribute to practice strategy and developments when requested.
6. To understand the role of the Risk Management Team within the practice contributing to Risk Assessment and Significant Event Audit and the importance of Infection Control.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree
Valid Arizona State Medical License
Current/eligible DEA license by the State of Arizona prescribing guidelines.
BLS Certified and ACLS Certified