Patient Access Services Representative - TMC One Oracle
Assists medical care givers with patient management, tracking and monitoring requirements. Answers phones, pre-screens using appropriate triage skills, within allowable parameters calls in prescription re-fills, calls patients with test results and schedules patients for next appointments. Perform extensive centralized scheduling, insurance verification, referral, billing and payment posting responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff ; adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Collects deposits or deductibles and advises patient or guarantor of insurance benefits and anticipated cost estimates; ensures that cash handling follows corporate policies.
Ensures completion of financial documentation in accordance with TMCH’s credit and collection policies.
Explains all necessary compliance forms and obtains patient signature as required for regulatory agencies.
Performs medical necessity screening and ensures compliance with system requirements.
Interacts with physicians and/or physicians’ office staff to secure diagnosis, procedure details or authorizations and information for denials as needed.
Uses medical terminology and scheduling knowledge to select correct procedure when scheduling and coordinates information with other departments as needed.
Demonstrates knowledge of resources, staffing, instrumentation, and equipment specific to procedures to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Performs patient registration activities to ensure accurate financial and biographical data and documentation have been obtained and properly entered into hospital records.
Completes insurance processing; including account creation, insurance verification, notification, and authorization functions, follow ups on denials and no response claims.
Communicates with departments/physicians for special requests, emergent cases, overbooking and add-ons; informs management about issues/problems with tools/times.
Handles incoming telephone calls and exercises judgment in scheduling caller for correct procedure in appropriate service area; receives telephone requests to schedule from patients, physicians, physician office staff, employers, and hospital personnel, if applicable.
Explains procedure preparations to patients so they are properly prepared before arriving at the hospital or clinics as needed.
Documents all notification, authorization and eligibility information in the registration systems, uses electronic verification tools and web-based resources.
Analyzes patient accounts, determines non-collectable accounts, and recommends bad debt or charity write-offs when applicable; analyzes and processes contractual write-offs.
Arranges payment methods or extensions of credit with patients or representatives; evaluates accounts and determines payment dates based on patient’s ability to pay and hospital policies; explains charges, services, and hospital policy regarding payment of bills.
Arranges account collections and contacts carriers to follow-up on balances due.
Maintains current working knowledge of payer regulations, contractual agreements, computer updates, and new collection tools including understanding of the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act.
Provides information about external financial assistance, including recommending third parties.
May serve as a Medical Assistant when holds a Medical Assistant Certification
Processes Accounts Payable transactions such as: checks and posts payments to accounts receivable and verifies account balances; prepares, reconciles, balances, and batches daily deposits and prepares receipts for deposits; verifies totals on reports and forms as required. Reviews accounts with unusual balances after posting payments and adjustments. Researches and transfers monies between logs, as needed.
Adheres to TMCH organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Northwest Neuro Specialists – TMCOne:
In addition to essential functions, responsible for: Ensuring provider’s calendars meet productivity and clinic equipment functions properly. Schedules surgeries and obtains any necessary consents. Maintains supply stock inventory for exam rooms and overall clinic needs. Some Essential Functions may be exempt upon manager’s discretion.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), completion of vocational medical office training desired, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE : Preferred one (1) year of medical office and/or hospital experience to include healthcare eligibility and benefit analysis or scheduling experience for diagnostic testing and/or surgery.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION : Some positions may require certification as a Medical Assistant (CMA).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
· Knowledge of office management practices, including billing and scheduling within healthcare.
· Knowledge of basic computer familiarity and experience and the a bility to operate basic office equipment.
· Knowledge of patient care protocols and practices.
· Knowledge of general patient care practice, methods and regulations.
· Skill in evaluating patient’s needs or following up with a care-giver and then providing follow up support to patients.
· Skill in scheduling appointments and referrals.
· Ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and governmental regulations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from patients and/or their representatives and the general public.
· Ability to interpret and explain insurance benefits and patient financial responsibility.
· Ability to provide excellent customer service via phone and walk-ins.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple/detailed written or oral instructions.
· Applicants must have basic computer familiarity and experience and the a bility to operate basic office equipment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 30502