Patient Access Service Representative - Outpatient Registration
Serves as first point of contact for customers of TMC HealthCare; initiates the entry point for requested healthcare services and revenue management. Responsible for computerized patient scheduling, registration, and insurance authorization and/or benefits information for either ancillary or surgical procedures. Maintains and fosters effective public relations with patients and visitors. The shift is 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. This position is responsible for pre-registration for outpatient appointments as well as maintaining customer satisfaction by prompt and timely attention to phone calls.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Preferred minimum of one (1) year medical office and/or hospital experience to include healthcare eligibility and benefit analysis or scheduling experience for diagnostic testing and/or surgery.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None Required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of office management practices, including billing and scheduling within healthcare.
- Knowledge of basic computer familiarity and experience and the ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Skill in evaluating patient’s needs or following up with a care-giver and then providing follow up support to patients.
- Ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from patients and/or their representatives and the general public.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service via phone and walk-ins.
- Ability to interpret and explain insurance benefits and patient financial responsibility.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple/detailed written or oral instructions.