OR Terminal Cleaning Technician
Performs daily terminal cleaning of the operating rooms, sub-sterile rooms, and sterile core. Performs daily UV cycles in operating rooms after terminal cleans have been completed. Additionally, performs scheduled cleaning in accordance with established schedule; this includes but is not limited to areas such as: clean and soiled storage area, sterile storage areas, shelving, drawers and storage bins, corridors, walls and ceilings, pneumatic tubes and carriers, restrooms. Maintains all documentation of environmental cleaning requirements within the department. Will help remove all sharps, bio waste, trash and linens. Will stock soap, sanitizer and paper towels and other duties as assigned.
Performs daily floor disinfection of operating rooms with use of a single-use microfiber mop and hospital-approved disinfectant or an automated scrubbing machine. Additional duties may include buffing, and waxing floors.
Clean and disinfect all exposed surfaces, including wheels and casters, of all items with a facility-approved disinfectant and low-linting cloth, according to the manufacturer's written instructions for use, including, but not limited to:
- Anesthesia carts and equipment (i.e., IV poles, IV pumps)
- Anesthesia machines;
- Patient monitors;
- OR beds;
- Reusable table straps;
- OR bed attachments (i.e., arm boards, stirrups, head rests);
- Positioning devices (i.e., viscoelastic polymer rolls, vacuum pack positioning devices);
- Patient transfer devices (i.e., roll boards);
- Overhead procedure lights;
- Tables and Mayo stands;
- Mobile and fixed equipment (i.e., suction regulators, medical gas regulators, imaging viewers, viewing monitors, radiology equipment, electrosurgical units, microscopes, robots, lasers);
- Storage cabinets, supply carts, and furniture;
- Light switches;
- Door handles and push plates;
- Telephones and mobile communication devices;
- Computer accessories (i.e., keyboard, mouse, touchscreen);
- Chairs, stools, and step stools; and
- Trash and linen receptacles.
Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines; cleans and disinfects fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms; tops of windows, door frames and high areas using a ladder.
Performs terminal cleaning procedures of operating rooms and prepares room for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
Wet mops rooms, walls stairways and sub sterile areas.
Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
Inspects and evaluates the hospital’s physical condition.
Makes recommendations concerning, painting, repairs, furnishings and furniture, relocation of equipment and allocation of space to improve sanitation, appearances and efficiency.
Moves, removes and relocates furniture, furnishings, equipment, as directed.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety and confidentiality policies and standards.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of related experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of best practices used on cleaning floors and general cleaning.
- Knowledge of cleaning products and how to use them properly.
- Ability to operate and maintain (general cleaning and troubleshooting) mechanical floor cleaners, polishers, and vacuums.
- Skill in organizing own work assignments and following directions.
- Ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform basic computer tasks (e.g. log in and out, check e-mail, etc.).