Network Engineer Sr (IS)
Maintains network systems and services, ensures service levels are sustained, including servers, routers, switches, firewall, VPN, traffic QoS, VoIP, other IP devices, as well as all critical applications by installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting as required. Develops recommends enhancement of procedures and/or methodologies to achieve optimum performance, delivery and maximum continuity. Assists in the formulation of specifications for network systems and services. Manages the maintenance and upgrades of network systems to maintain them at appropriate release levels, specializing in one or more areas. Provides timely resolution of complex problems affecting the operation of network systems and services. Evaluates new and existing network products.
Provides analysis, plans, designs and installation & implementation of the network infrastructure using Cisco networking technologies including routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), advanced IP routing, VPN, load balancing, VLANs, access lists, wireless access points, firewalls etc.
Installs, configures and provides support of network management systems.
Installs, configures and provides support of IP based video.
Evaluates and makes recommendations along with documentation, and presents information for the selection and implementation of vendor products which meet the needs of the company.
Completes work as described in the Statement of Work (SOW), Service Level Agreement (SLA), or project plans.
Researches new developments in hardware and software.
Assists computer operators with problems relating to software and hardware.
Provides technical assistance to staff including interpretation of specifications.
Creates and communicates status reports in accordance with department standards.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years experience engineering, implementing and maintaining TCP/IP networks using Cisco routers and switches.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of network systems and services, including servers, routers, switches, firewall, VPN, traffic QoS, VoIP, other IP devices, as well as all critical applications.
- Skill in installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting network systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs; ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.