Medical Assistant - TMCOne Knight Endocrinology
TMCOne is Tucson’s premier physican’s group with nearly 20 locations across Tucson. TMCOne provides quick access to care that is convenient and compassionate. With same-day appointments and extended hours on evenings and weekends, TMCOne offers wellness, primary and specialty care. Employees choose to work at TMCOne because of our of integrity, community, dedication, and compassion which we show through the exceptional care we provide to our patients and our community.
Why Join TMCOne?
We don’t only care for our patients, we care for our TMCOne family too. As a member of our family you can expect to enjoy a wide variety of benefits. In addition to all the benefits you would expect from a leading medical facility (medical, dental, vision, 401K with match) we also provide:
- Family Style Atmosphere with a Supportive Team
- Competitive Pay
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Coaching
Come be a part of an organization that makes a difference, do work that matters & help improve the lives of others!
The TMC Endocrine specializes in Adult & Pediatric Endocrinology, Nutrition and Diabetes Education & Management, where each patient receives individualized care with compassion and respect by highly skilled staff and providers. Our clinic sees patients ages 0-20 years and has operating hours of Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. Our team is seeking a team member to further support our family and patient centered culture.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months of medical assistance experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Written proof of completion of recognized Medical Assistant course. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
For TMC Wound and Hyperbaric oxygen Clinic, TMC Integrative Pain Specialists, or TMC Infusion clinic: Under the supervision of a licensed independent practitioner (NP, PA, MD, DO):
- Administers injectable non-controlled substance medication (excluding intravenous administration) and the application of topical medications following TMC’s medication administration policy.
- Witness the RN completing a patient pill count.
- Review discharge instructions and related discharge teaching with the patient and document this in the patient record.
- Transcribe and verify patient completed admission intake forms into the EMR: prior to arrival (PTA) medications, history, allergies, pain level, screening questions, OB gyn status, vitals, Opioid risk Tool/CAGE, blood, urine, saliva drug screen testing/transcribe results, and enter discharge instructions. Complete consent forms. For sedation procedures document: the pre-op checklist, physician led Time Out checklist, and vitals.
- Assist the physician during procedures that do not require sedation but may require fluoroscopy:
- Actively participate in a physician lead pre-procedure “time out” for all invasive procedures
- Under the direction of the physician, appropriately prep and hold medication vials while the provider draws up medication to administer to a patient during a sterile procedure.
For TMC Inpatient and Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation: Under the supervision and oversight of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Medical Director and/or Manager, and in compliance with Tucson Medical Center Policies and Procedures, AACVPR, and Medicare guidelines, the Medical Assistant provides the following in addition to the tasks mentioned above:
- Performs new patient and daily patient intakes including:vital signs, weighing of patients and collecting patient’s medical history and current medication regimen, completion of consent forms and patient data entry.
- Provides oversight of patient care for Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase III and Phase IV programs including exercise sessions and EKG monitoring.
- Monitors and performs Hand Hygiene, PPE and GG audits per TMC policies and regulations.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation and data retrieval.
- Records meeting minutes through the use of shorthand or rapid long-hand to maintain accurate record of decisions.
- Schedules and maintains departmental calendar of events and assists with management of employee schedule. Assumes responsibility for assigned areas of products to purchase and ensure timely delivery on requested items, for example office supplies and maintenance items.