Manager Patient Throughput
$25,000 Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available!
Directly manages Bed Control and Discharge Hospitality Center staff. Assists with House Supervisor development and coverage. Responsible for coordination of efficient patient flow through the hospital with a focus on capacity management outcomes and performance improvement.
Manages staff; interviewing, hiring, and training; evaluates employee performance; deals with performance problems with direct reports and as delegated by the Director; dele gates work assignments effectively.
Demonstrates and upholds established standards of behavior, safety, and confidentiality, as well as TMCH and department policies and standards.
Adheres to and supports staff in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion and dedication.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Run capacity management huddles (i.e. Code Purple) and associated process improvement groups and committees.
Attend daily flow meetings and monitor capacity management dashboards throughout shift. Run daily flow meetings as a back up resource to the house supervisor.
Establish expectations for capacity management data and hold bedside and unit leaders accountable to use of established tools and predictive analytics processes (i.e. updating staffing numbers and discharge information in a timely manner)
Facilitate patient movement through communication with case management, providers, and ancillary support services. Communicate discharge statistics in comparison to set discharge goals to these groups on a daily basis.
Assume essential functions of Bed Flow RN, Discharge Hospitality Center RN, and/or House Supervisor if coverage is needed related to staffing shortage.
Facilitate direct movement of patients when needed.
Promotes an optimum environment in which the bed flow and discharge hospitality teams can accomplish mutually developed goals.
Investigates complaints and/or incidents, initiating corrective and/or disciplinary action under the direction of the Director and human resources.
Maintains an ongoing evaluation of customer service to ensure that systems, policies, and procedures are convenient to those being served.
Ensures compliance with requirements of federal, state and community agencies, regulatory authorities, and hospital policies and procedures.
Assists in the selects and monitoring of preceptors in development of their role to facilitate new hires incorporation into staff.
Ensures the design, implementation, and evaluation of educational programs for staff.
May provide education planning, documentation, and record keeping for overseen areas.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of relevant nursing or applicable healthcare experience with mastery of the role and c ompetencies for assigned area required; evidence of leadership, teaching and interpersonal skills, and documentation of professional development.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Current RN license permitting work in the state of Arizona and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
- Knowledge of critical care techniques, tools and responses required to ensure optimal patient care.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures to follow during a rapid response, code, or stroke call.
- Knowledge of infectious diseases, OSHA and CMS requirements, microbiology, and surveillance practices for infection control.
- Skill in evaluating performance and recommending improvements.
- Skill in managing and training staff.
- Skill in strategic planning and developing staffing plans to meet not only current needs but future needs.
- Skill in creating and analyzing financial, staffing and production reports to effectively evaluate staffing criteria.
- Skill in developing training materials and educating staff in the proper responses for critical care issues.
- Skill in the use and maintenance of computer systems and programs, including extensive use of HER software.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally to lead, teach and report on issues and effectively deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to maintain regular evening schedule with occasional flexibility for meetings.