Manager Medical Education - THMEP
Manages daily operations of medical education including Graduate Medical Education (GME), Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) and Continuing Medical Education (CME) for THMEP and TMC HealthCare ; oversees operations, staffing, budgets, residency programs and efficiency of operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Manages and supervises staff; interviews, hires and trains; evaluates employee performance; deals with performance problems as appropriate; dele gates work assignments effectively.
Reviews profit/loss statements and makes recommendations on budget resource allocations and financial decisions; ensures all financial transactions are properly executed and recorded.
Serves as liaison for resident physicians with administrative issues; resolves employee disputes.
Ensures records, logs, files and databases are maintained in accordance with accrediting bodies (ACGME, CPME, ArMA) and ensures adherence to state and federal policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Manages budget development and monitors monthly expense and revenue reports to achieve established targets; makes recommendations for capital expenditures and investment plans. Monitor and prepare Medicare IRIS reimbursements for all residency programs rotating within the TMC Healthcare system.
Assists in daily activities to ensure continued operations at a site, when necessary.
Develops contingency plans and responds to unforeseen circumstances utilizing planned resources.
Participates in varying degrees in the preparedness and response to external agencies (i.e., JCAHO, Department of Health Services, Medicare, ACGME etc.) and assists with annual staffing evaluation and quality improvement evaluations.
Act as the ACGME Institutional Coordinator and work with physician community to develop new residency programs identified by the DIO and TMC leadership.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: At least five (5) years of graduate medical education experience, preferably two (2) years in a managerial or supervisory role.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION : Training Administrator for Graduate Medical Education (TAGME) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of management theory, practices, and tools utilized (within graduate medical education).
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements as it relates to Medicare IRIS resident reimbursements.
- Skill in budget management, compiling statistics, composing letters and reports.
- Skill in computer applications such as basic functionality of the computer, New Innovations, Word, EXCEL, Outlook, PowerPoint and presentation skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, contracts, proposals, and related legislation.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.