Manager IS Applications
Provides managerial oversight for implementation and support of a complex array of enterprise applications. Overall supervisory responsibilities include technical, fiscal and personnel management such as, direct management and leadership of a highly-skilled team of IS application professionals, planning and executing implementation projects, financial budgeting, and establishing and meeting customer service targets.
Manages staff; interviews, hires and trains; evaluates employee performance; deals with performance problems as appropriate; dele gates work assignments effectively. Recruits, hires and develops a high performing team.
Manages all budgetary functions for the responsible team
Establishes performance standards for assigned area; effectively monitors and meets such standards.
Establishes and maintains consistent methodologies to support customer requirements such as establishing standing work for applicable processes and systems and demand management request prioritization.
Sets technical direction for enterprise applications and maintenance initiatives.
Develops short and long-term plans for deployment and maintenance of computing assets, web technologies and other information resources. Effectively aligns technology assets with departmental business objectives and plans.
Formulates appropriate capital budget requests to reflect business and technology requirements .
Identifies emerging trends/best practices and ensures proposed solutions meet organizational goals.
Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for the design, build, and implementation of projects for both new appliaction and upgrades to existing technology.
Establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors .
Tracks developments of key regulatory agencies relative to assigned application areas; interprets regulatory requirements, proactively assesses corporate risk, and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or seven (7) years of healthcare experience with three (3) years management experience supervising people and processes.
EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of IT enterprise system experience; preferably in a health system setting and managerial role.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Recommend clinicians, including RN’s, maintain current state licensure. Applicable clinical license or technical certification preferred, e.g., Project Management (PMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP), Technology Foundations (ITIL), or IT Leadership (CITM, ITMLP, or CPHIMS).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity managing enterprise applications such as: Epic Clinical and Revenue Cycle applications, Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong leadership abilities with creative thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Requires a high degree of analytical thinking and problem solving skills within a high demand environment.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and products; ability to keep up-to-date with new developments, technologies, and trends through seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, etc.
- Knowledge of application system implementation and support of a complex array of enterprise systems.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of independent judgment and decision-making authority as they relate to supported technologies.
- Skill in managing, supervising and training technical staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization; ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to new situations with a positive and open attitude to change.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedures/guidelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or concerns from employees, and clinical stakeholders.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 30417