Manager Information Services - IS Resource Management Applications
Provides managerial oversight for information application and systems, implementation and support of a complex array of enterprise business systems. Overall supervisory responsibilities include technical, fiscal and personnel management within departmental budgets and staffing allocations. Managerial involves direct management and leadership of a highly-skilled team of IT application professionals, planning and ROI studies, financial budgeting, and establishing and meeting customer service targets.
Manages staff; interviews, hires and trains; evaluates employee performance; deals with performance problems as appropriate; delegates work assignments effectively. Recruits, hires and develops a high performance team.
Manages unit/department’s staff, budget, programs and technical infrastructure. Provides leadership and maintains standard discipline in Project Management.
Establishes performance standards for assigned area; effectively monitors and meets such standards.
Establishes and maintains consistent methodologies to support customer requirements, including processes such as Service Requests, Systems Implementation, and Problem Management.
Assesses enterprise requirements for assigned business units.
Develops short and long-term plans for deployment and maintenance of computing assets, web technologies and other information resources. Effectively aligns technology assets with departmental business objectives and plans.
Plans for technology asset obsolescence through lifecycle management.
Formulates appropriate capital budget requests to reflect business and technology requirements.
Develops short and long-term plans for deployment, convergence, and standardization of IT infrastructure.
Tracks and understands healthcare and IT trends and developments relevant to assigned application area(s); ability to effectively apply gained knowledge.
Develops, enhances, and utilizes effective methodologies for acquiring, developing, and implementing IT solutions.
Establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors.
Tracks developments of key regulatory agencies relative to assigned application areas; iinterprets regulatory requirements, proactively assesses corporate risk, and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance.
Provides mechanisms for soliciting ongoing feedback from users. Responds and follows up with staff concerns in a timely manner.
Supports and nurtures Lean efforts within the team.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or four (4) years of direct supervisory and systems applications/engineering experience.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of business system analysis experience; preferably in an acute care setting and in a lead or managerial role.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven track record of building teams and expanding associated programs.
- Strong leadership abilities with creative thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision and a high degree of self-motivation.
- Requires a high degree of analytical thinking and problem solving skills within a high demand environment.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and products; ability to keep up-to-date with new developments, technologies, and trends through seminars, workshops, professional affiliations, etc.
- Knowledge of application system implementation and support of a complex array of enterprise systems.
- Knowledge of desktop computing technologies and infrastructure development.
- Knowledge of IP based networking infrastructure and development.
- Knowledge of leadership and standard discipline in Project Management.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of independent judgment and decision-making authority as they relate to supported technologies.
- Skill in managing, supervising and training technical staff.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization; ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to adapt to new situations with a positive and open attitude to change.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to prepare detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedures/guidelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or concerns from employees, and clinical stakeholders.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.