Mammographer Tech - Per Diem - Willcox
Northern Cochise Community Hospital Position Description
JOB TITLE: Mammography Technologist
REPORTS TO: Imaging Services Director
Under the direction of the Department Director, mammography technologist shall provide excellent patient care to patients requiring routine screening, diagnostic, and spot comp/magnification views in digital mammography as ordered by the referring physician/provider. The radiologic technologist shall be accountable and responsible for compliance to MQSA and ACR regulations under the direction of the Imaging Services Director. Technologist must be able to work independently with support from Department Director and Radiology group. Radiologic technologist shall perform interpretive diagnostic studies as ordered by the referring physician/provider. Technologist shall exhibit quality patient care, and utilize patient and staff safety measures when choosing technical factors to insure proper radiologic diagnostic studies, and/or computed tomography diagnostic studies.
Responsible for MQSA
- Accountable for MQSA patient follow up and tracking
- Responsible for daily QA on machine and MQSA QA as stated in the MQSA regulations
- Responsible for assisting the director in ACR accreditation submission and yearly state inspections.
- Responsible for film/file maintenance for mammography and breast U/S
Provides safe and appropriate patient care while performing diagnostic studies ordered by the patient’s physician/provider.
- Assists radiologist with full patient history and proper tools for exams
- Completes all exams fully -- including paperwork and billing procedures.
- Confirms and compares to ensure correct patient and billing information and to minimize discrepancies
- Maintains clean, organized, and properly stocked exam rooms.
- Captures clear diagnostic images of patients by using proper equipment, techniques, and positions.
- Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and effects of disease processes to properly and safely position the patient for maximum diagnostic yield.
- Utilizes knowledge of all safety measures for protection of patients and staff while administering radiation.
- Responsible for providing services in no less than three modalities: Mammography, Radiology, and CT.
Other duties as assigned.
- Schedules patient exams.
- Assists Department Director in creating and maintaining a quality mammography program.
- Participates in and prepares for licensure surveys and other governmental inspections.
- Reviews and prepares policy and procedure documents as requested.
- Maintains clean and safe environment within department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associate degree from accredited school of Radiography or accredited Radiography program.
Proof of mammography training, CE units, and number of exams done.
Current, unrestricted Arizona CRT license and current, unrestricted Arizona CMT
Current national certification (ARRT) (R), plus (M)
CT extended registry if certified. Current CT certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
Extensive knowledge of radiographic procedures, computed tomography procedures, patient care, and sufficient knowledge of computer technology.
Ability to work with patients that have various needs; think quickly and creatively, and maintain quality department functions.
Ability to maintain and develop professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, attending workshops, and other educational opportunities.
Maintain continued education requirements as mandated.