Laundry Equipment Operator - Per Diem
Loads, operates, and monitors power equipment for washing and drying linens and other laundry along with participation in collection and delivery of laundry.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department specific safety, sanitation, confidentiality, standards of behavior and values of Compassion, Community, Dedication, and Integrity.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with visitors and staff.
Washes and dries laundry considering isolation, contamination, and water levels.
Plans daily wash schedule and establishes priorities.
Receives or collects soiled laundry from various areas of the hospital.
Sorts laundry according to type and condition and weight, and records weight.
Delivers linens to user departments according to pre-established par levels and schedules; distributes emergency supplies as needed.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: No prior experience or training.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Tug operator’s certification is required only for those employees responsible for driving and being asked to drive a tug.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to read a clock and accurately document time.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.