Lab Systems Analyst
We are looking for someone with laboratory and healthcare background, also someone who is familiar with Lab Information Systems (Sunquest and/or Epic Beaker) and healthcare data to drive decisions. We need a dynamic professional who is capable of overseeing daily operations of the Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) and driven to grow and embrace innovation and change. He/She will assist co-workers with complex problem research, troubleshooting and resolution, they will assist with the planning and implementation of software updates, administer daily operations of support systems. They will assist with project management of all Lab Information System projects (including laboratory instrumentation projects).They will be able to work independently, as well as in a team environment with cross-functional teams (IT, Billing, Nursing, Medical Staff, etc.). This person will also be intimately involved with collaboration on IS/IT projects the laboratory undertakes with the organization/hospital, outreach services, physician groups, and many service lines across clinical and non-clinical areas.
Understands charge/credit flow through billing cycle.
Coordinates operational developments, ensuring trouble-free interfacing between LIS, HIS or (RIS, HIM, AMICAS, Cadence EPIC for Radiology).
Develops workflows, tests and trains staff and provides assistance to ancillary departments.
Monitors and evaluates system reports; advises laboratory management of available utilization reports and produces these reports.
Serves as a resource person regarding LIS providing in-service instructions to staff.
Serves as liaison with IS and vendors.
Monitors and maintains system hardware and software, initiating corrective solutions to problems.
Performs user maintenance functions in applications; maintains tables and parameters in applications.
Reviews and revises LIS policies and procedures to assure compliance with current regulatory standards.
Supports billing functions in collaboration with the HIS and the Finance Department.
Supports online information systems, such as intranet sites.
Works closely with IT during installation, configuration and testing of software updates to protect integrity of departmental systems.
Researches and presents information about changes or improvements in related technologies.
Implements and supports the LIS and other related technologies.
Participates in laboratory QA activities.
Creates reports using data derived from multiple resources; corrects potential billing errors derived from hospital billing reports.
Communicates and interfaces effectively and professionally with coworkers and other customers.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years related computer application or database experience, preferably in an acute care setting, Laboratory requires: Two (2) years Clinical Laboratory or LIS experience
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required; Preferred for Laboratory-Medical Technologist American Society for Clinical Pathology (MT-ASCP) certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of lab applications and systems.
- Knowledge of data management and support techniques.
- Skill in assisting and training users in complex system data management.
- Skill in coordinating testing and system review with IS department and users.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.