IS Systems Administrator - Arizona Community Physicians
Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 900 employees. Our group includes 150+ providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We are located in 58 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Our IS Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our collaborative team in delivering excellence in systems management and user support. Our IS Department is comprised of a skilled team of application and systems support and management professionals. This position is located in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
The IS Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of internal physical and virtual servers, storage, backup and disaster recovery systems, and related technologies and equipment (DNS, Active Directory, printers, etc.) as well as serve as a backup to the network administrator. This individual will serve as an escalation path for the corporate help desk; will perform software and hardware maintenance and upgrades for all third party applications including EMR, practice management, RIS, PACS, accounting, interfaces, and e-mail; and will lead the IT Department in providing excellent customer service to end users. This role is also responsible for coordinating and tracking relationships with hardware and software vendors and third-party consultants as needed, as well as ongoing department documentation and policy development.
Preferred bachelor’s degree in an IT related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience implementing and maintaining a multi-site Microsoft Windows Active Directory domain with more than 500 users.
• Experience with virtualization technologies; including managing, maintaining and optimizing multi-host clusters.
• Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience implementing and maintaining storage area networks, preferably NetApp.
• Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Cisco networks, including performance monitoring; managing firewalls and secure email gateways; managing Mitel phone systems and setting up and managing VPNs and remote access gateways.
• Preferred experience with healthcare IT environment.
• Must be able to work effectively with end users who possess varying degrees of technical knowledge.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• The position may involve travel to multiple locations throughout the greater Tucson area, including Green Valley and Oro Valley. The position will be part of an on-call rotation.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, MIS, CIS, or related field OR a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as a technician or systems analyst/administrator in an information technology department.
• Two (2) years’ experience implementing and maintaining Windows-based servers.
• Two (2) years’ experience implementing and maintaining a multi-site Microsoft Active Directory environment.
• Two (2) years’ experience automating tasks using PowerShell scripting.
• Two (2) years’ experience with enterprise infrastructure virtualization technologies (VMware preferred).
• Two (2) years’ experience implementing and maintaining data center server hardware.
• Two (2) years’ experience implementing and maintaining data center storage hardware (NetApp preferred).
• Two (2) years’ experience implementing and maintaining backup and disaster recovery solutions (CommVault and NetApp preferred).
• Two (2) years’ experience with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) to include Remote Applications and terminal services.
• Two (2) years’ experience with Cisco networks and equipment
• One (1) year experience with Office 365/Exchange email systems.
• One (1) year experience implementing and maintaining help desk, inventory, and software installation systems (Zendesk preferred).
• One (1) year experience with change control processes and methodologies.