Internal Medicine Specialist - Hospitalist - Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center
Internal Medicine Specialist- Hospitalist FT 36 hrs/wk
Working under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Internal Medicine Specialist is responsible for the direct care of adult in-patients. The Internal Medicine Specialist may function as the admitting/attending physician or may serve as a consultant to another member of the medical staff.
- Must be at least18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school education or equivalent.
- Awarded degree of M.D. or D.O. with ABIM recognized internal medicine residency (3 years minimum).
- Valid and unrestricted AZ Medical License.
- Maintains current CPR and ACLS Certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or other approved educational programs.
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
- Must have sufficient clinical knowledge and experience to provide clinical competence and meet institutional standards of care.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal harmoniously with staff, patients, and family members.
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to physically respond when on-call by prompt appearance at required location.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- An understanding of computer systems, process design and data management.
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, & push 50 pounds.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
- Previous Meditech experience or other related electronic records systems.