HR Operations Analyst
The HR Operations Analyst acts as the front-line administrator and internal contact for the Tucson Medical Center position control system. Under the supervision of Human Resources leadership, the HR Operations Analyst processes or routes incoming personnel or position change requests from management, maintains accurate records of requests and approvals, and guides management through the request process as needed. In addition, the HR Operations Analyst is responsible for scheduled audits of data entry into the PeopleSoft employee database, general maintenance of the PeopleSoft database, and ad-hoc/scheduled reports. Serves as a knowledge resource for process-improvement tasks and special projects.
Serves as the primary recipient of organization-wide Personnel Action Forms and Position Change Forms; responsible for the validation of each request and the accurate completion or routing of each form based on HR processes.
Acts as a knowledge source and guide for managers as it relates to employment and position changes. Will be required to directly contact managers to address any concerns about incoming requests. May interact with the executive team to facilitate change approval processes.
Maintains impeccable records of change request approvals; successfully maintains the highest level of accuracy for data entered into HR data systems to ensure successful data audits by HR leadership.
Performs general audits on data entry in PeopleSoft on a regular basis to ensure data accuracy and compliance.
Acts as the initial escalation point for data corrections that are required in the PeopleSoft database; escalates further if necessary and executes approved corrections.
Responsible for running standard or ad-hoc reports out of PeopleSoft and other HR data systems; may participate in the creation of new queries and reports.
Assists with the support of all aspects of Human Resources as it relates to data requests, including but not limited to data availability, feasibility of requests, ad-hoc reports, and technical support.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred (such as Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Operations Management), or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of relevant work or internship experience demonstrating the ability to succeed in transactional and customer-facing roles; prior experience in Human Resources preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide quality customer service in a professional manner; communicating clearly and confidentially, both orally and in writing, with employees of various levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, take initiative, prioritize work, meet non-negotiable time-frames, and maintain accuracy/attention-to-detail in a high-volume work environment.
- Skill in transactional database use, including data entry and reviewing row history.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office products; a strong understanding of Excel formulas will be essential to succeeding in this role.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as process documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply basic algebraic concepts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.