Hospitalist - Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center
Advance Practice Provider Hospitalist, SAFFORD
Why should you want to work for Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center? You want a positive work environment and a dedicated group of co-workers! As one of the largest employers in Graham County, MGRMC has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. MGRMC offers a stable career option in a rural area having opened our doors in 1973. Your journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with MGRMC. Whether you are just beginning your career or your career pathway that has spanned 30 years, MGRMC may offer you a rewarding career option.
As an employee of MGRMC, you also have responsibilities to the organization by demonstrating your commitment to MGRMC’s Mission, Vision and Values. Additionally, you're expected to exhibit the values of MGRMC through the actions and behaviors you demonstrate to patients, their family members, your team and colleagues each day. You will find doing so is easy at an employer that takes care of you!!! MGRMC offers competitive non rural wages based on years of experience, some of the best benefits in the area and a bright future! Review the job summary below to see if this position fits you!!
Working under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Advance Practice Provider Internal Medicine Specialist is responsible for the direct care of adult in-patients. The Advance Practice Provider Internal Medicine Specialist may function as the admitting/attending Advance Practice Provider or may serve as a consultant to another member of the medical staff.
- Must be at least18 years of age.
- Proof of highest level of education completed but not less than high school education or equivalent.
- Required to be a graduate of a CAHEA (or its successors) recognized Physician Assistant training program and be certified or eligible to be certified by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistant -OR- must have current, active Arizona RN and AP licensure and be eligible for privileges to dispense and prescribe medications. Must be eligible for DEA registration.
- Must meet threshold criteria/qualifications for hospital privileges and membership on the Hospital Medical Staff.
- Maintains current CPR and ACLS Certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or other approved educational programs.
- Must maintain CME to meet institutional and state licensing requirements.
- Must have sufficient clinical knowledge and experience to provide clinical competence and meet institutional standards of care.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal harmoniously with staff, patients, and family members.
- Must have demonstrated ability to meet responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to physically respond when on-call by prompt appearance at required location.
- Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
- An understanding of computer systems, process design and data management.
- Must have a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have the mental and physical ability to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, & push 50 pounds.
- Language proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal fluency.
- Previous Meditech experience or other related electronic records systems.