Hospice Quality RN/Educator
The RN Quality supports clinical performance through chart abstraction, chart review, and reporting of medical record clinical documentation to support initiatives related to quality improvement, accreditation, and regulatory requirements. The successful abstractor engages clinicians in measures of care and provides education to ensure accurate clinical documentation and evidence-based care; submits data in a timely manner, identifies variances for review and produces reports related to the data. The RN Quality will assist in implementing, updating and changing the Hospice QAPI program per the Conditions of Participation and the needs identified within the department.
Utilizes clinical skills to analyze medical records and accurately report data.
Maintains knowledge of measure specifications and updates. Provides information related to changes to relevant professional staff and hospital leadership.
Supports quality improvement initiatives through team participation, data collection, process change implementation and other activities. Provides details of non-compliance to appropriate professional staff and/or clinical business owners.
Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times, including patient information, proprietary information and personnel information.
Coordinates statistical reporting and graphical representations of data; presents to groups.
Works collaboratively and supports efforts of other team members.
Participates in professional growth and development through publications, seminars, workshops, conferences, and professional affiliates.
During emergency staffing may be required to provide patient care.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
In addition to the summary and essential functions the RN Quality in the Hospice provides on-going orientation and professional development for all levels of personnel within a Hospice. Provides competency assurance and on-going education opportunities. Works in collaboration with other Clinical Educators in development and implementation of educational programs as they apply to hospice. Maintains records of training activities and employee progress; monitors effectiveness of programs. Prepares, organizes, directs, conducts, and supervises programs for orientation, training and in-service education; ensures the educational needs of staff are identified and met. Acts as an education resource to Hospice staff. Develops unit competencies related to findings. Assists in research and development directly related to department services. Implements and maintains established department, unit, and hospital policies, procedures, and objectives as well as quality improvement, environmental, safety, and infection control policies. Participates in after hour Administrator on call coverage for Hospice.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a qualified, nationally-accredited nursing program, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years RN nursing experience, preferably in an acute care setting. A background in quality, data analysis, and/or case review is preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Active unrestricted RN license within the State of Arizona, or NLC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to provide clinical review of care processes.
- Ability to navigate an Electronic Health Record.
- Knowledge of regulatory quality requirements.
- Skill in meeting facilitation.
- Skill in both written and oral communications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, physicians and/or their representatives.
- Skill in the use of computer applications, and statistical analysis using a variety of tools such as EXCEL, Power Point, etc.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and recommend action plans.
- Ability to analyze clinical data efficiently and work with statistical concepts.