The Foundation Assistant is an energetic, amicable, and highly organized individual who provides key support to the Foundation staff in the day-to-day running of the Foundation. The Foundation Assistant will work independently and with multiple Foundation team members. She or he is a professional in her or his own right, and will be the first face and voice of the Foundation that many donors and prospective donors will encounter.
- Provides a wide variety of skilled administrative support to establish and maintain documents, calendars, daily functions of assigned area, develops reports and processes to ensure procedures are followed.
- Records the assignment of donors and prospects into the database. Maintains highly sensitive, accurate records of donors in our database. Maintains files, database, and hard-copy files. Assists in preparation and control of databases, statistics, and reports.
- Performs data entry for gift processing for the foundation and reconciles with finance for month end reporting accuracy.
- Maintains reporting for mailing lists for foundation needs within database.
- Performs research of data and materials in support of administrative and financial functions.
- Generates timely Acknowledgement Letters customized to donors that fit the IRS and financial obligations for a non profit fundraising organization.
- Formats special reports, presentations and letters for the Grateful Patient program.
- Cross references donor data to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Answers main TMC Foundation telephone, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
- Schedules appointments for Executive Director and development team; prepares material needed for meetings and events; records minutes of meetings; transcribe and distributes minutes in a timely manner.
- Coordinates projects and/or processes specific to the Foundation and other departments.
- Processes invoices and p-cards for foundation team.
- Operates word processing equipment to store, edit, format, print and revise letters, memos, statistical tables,
- Operates in basic spreadsheet environment to maintain records.
- Operates a personal computer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine or related office machinery in performing assigned duties.
- Acts as liaison with hospital personnel and outside agencies to resolve operational obstacles.
- Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
- Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1 year of experience working in a relational database environment. Minimum of 1 year experience working in a customer facing, customer service environment. Minimum 1 year data entry experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Raiser’s Edge Certification or the ability to become certified within 1 year.