Food Services Associate I Per Diem
An entry level food service position that performs a variety of tasks related to food preparation, delivery and service, and sanitation in retail and patient areas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adheres to TMC organizational and department specific safety, sanitation, confidentiality, standards of behavior and values of Compassion, Community, Dedication, and Integrity.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Prepares salad and sandwich plates, and other specialty cold plates per recipes and diet restrictions.
Accurately measures ingredients for specialty food products and prepares them according to guidelines or instructions.
Prepares and sets up patient tray line steam table; obtains and places dishes, silverware, hot and cold foods, baked goods, beverages, and condiments per department standards.
Accurately portions individual servings of entrees, starches, vegetables and other side dishes to patients and customers.
Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation and serving process. Maintains sanitation in food preparation, storage and serving areas by sweeping, mopping, sanitizing surfaces and disposal of trash.
Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including grinders, slicers, mixers, and blenders. Ensures proper sanitation of all serving equipment. Makes sure utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and proper operation.
Stores, labels, and dates food products appropriately. Prepares, loads, transports, and cleans food carts.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED preferred.
EXPERIENCE: None required. This is an entry-level position.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Skills in following directions and paying attention to details.
· If patient facing, must have the ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in the English language. English is not a requirement for non-patient facing roles.
· Ability to read a clock and accurately document time
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
· Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Knowledge of kitchen equipment (e.g., grinders, slicers, mixers, blenders, and commercial dishwasher) and how to use them properly.