Family Nurse Practitioner - Copper Queen Community Hospital - Benson
The psychiatric nurse practitioner provides outpatient services for the promotion of optimal mental health, prevention and treatment of psychiatric disorders and health maintenance in a rural health clinic setting. This includes the assessment, diagnosis, and management of mental health problems and psychiatric disorders.
- Conduct initial psychiatric evaluations for patients based on referral from primary care providers.
- Provide appropriate diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Evaluate and prescribe medication as indicated.
- Order labs and review results with patients and referring providers
- Function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Prepares accurate timely medical records of all services rendered including psychiatric and medical history and medication follow up.
- Provides coordination of care with outside providers, including primary care services.
- Communicates and collaborates with pharmacies for timely and accurate refill of prescriptions.
- Facilitates client linkage to community-based primary care providers.
- Provides staff training on various topics related to the provision of Medical and Psychiatric services to our target population.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and other required meetings.
- Current Board Certification (ANCC) as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Current and Unrestricted State of Arizona Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner License
- Current and Unrestricted DEA license
- Three Years of Experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Primarily office & administrative position.
Must understand and accept the possibility of exposure to environmental conditions, such as infectious/communicable diseases, noise, blood, and blood-borne diseases, chemicals and/or chemical fumes, odors, gases and dust. Exposure to distressed patients, families, or visitors. Able to function effectively under stressful situations.