Family Nurse Practitioner - Benson Hospital
This position is responsible for providing quality patient care, utilizing quality expertise in
diagnosis and treatment to prevent, remediate, or alleviate illness and promote health, thus
resulting in improved patient outcomes. Consultation and collaboration are essential skills, as
they are for all members of the healthcare team. Delivers primary care to new and established
patients in accordance with the licensure and the highest standards of quality, integrity, and
1. To deliver a high standard of patient care as a Primary Care Physician in general practice, using
advanced autonomous clinical skills, and a broad and in-depth theoretical knowledge base.
2. Maintains good standing with the Federal and State agencies avoiding any action that may lead
to sanctioning, exclusion, or other ineligible status, and will notify employer immediately of any
action, notice, or event that could lead to exclusion or the allegation of malpractice. Provider
will remain current with all licensure requirements, compliance training, Facility Code of
Conduct, and other regulations or imperatives both current and as yet undefined.
3. Instigates necessary invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests or investigations and interprets
4. Prescribes safe, effective, and appropriate medication as defined by current legislative
5. Prioritizes health problems and intervenes appropriately, including initiation of effective
6. Promotes health and well-being using health promotion, health education, screening, and
therapeutic communication skills
7. Clearly communicates the health status of the patient using appropriate terminology,
technology, and format.
8. Provides safe, evidence-based, cost-effective, individualized patient care.
9. Works within the practice guidelines, policies, and procedures of Benson Healthcare.
10. Completes medical records and submits daily – usually by the conclusion of the day. Ensures
that the procedural and diagnostic coding is easily affirmed by the legible documentation in the
11. Assists with development, implementation, and review of departmental policies and procedures
to ensure compliance with Benson Healthcare policies and procedures.
12. Oversees delivery of appropriate services and monitors utilization and changes within the
13. Exhibits strong leadership, clinical and managerial skills and is a positive role model. Manages
staff in partnership with administration.
14. Communicates inter- and intra-departmentally and promotes a team environment.
15. Serves as a technical consultant for medical and nursing staff.
16. Remains in compliance with the terms of the contract as well as all clinical and employmentrelated policies and procedures, terms, and conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree
2. Board certified/eligible
3. Valid Arizona State Medical License
4. Current/eligible DEA license by the State of Arizona prescribing guidelines.
5. CPR certification as per Benson Hospital policy
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of all requirements of the Licensure and Board Certification regarding medical
practice and the continuing medical education and re-certification requirements as described
under the rules of the Arizona Board of Medical Examiners and the applicable professional
2. Ability to build business/clinical relationships with medical staff that benefits Benson Healthcare
and medical staff as a high priority.
3. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals,
technical procedures, or governmental regulations, such as Code via CPT and ICD-10.
4. Ability to prepare detailed reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
5. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers,
clients, customers, and the public.
6. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical variances.
pg. 3 Primary Care Physician Updated: A.Osuna 9/2022 HR Approved: ADickey
7. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
8. Ability to build accurate business budgets, reasonably projecting operating expenses and
9. Ability to read and accurately interpret basic business budgetary and financial reports.
10. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
11. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram
form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.