Environmental Services Associate Lead
Serves in a lead capacity by assisting with the assignment of tasks and guiding and training other staff. Performs duties of Environmental Services Associate I and II, in addition to a variety of more complex tasks to ensure the hospital’s cleaning priorities are met, enforces departmental employee check-in/out supply and equipment policies, and maintain orderly and clean storeroom areas.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Assigns daily work tasks to staff, observes performance to provide input to formal evaluations, and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Provides feedback to management. Ensures hospital’s cleaning priorities are met, enforces departmental employee check-in/out supply and equipment policies, and maintains an orderly and clean storeroom area.
Assists Supervisor in coordinating the scheduling of housekeeping projects such as terminal and concurrent unit cleaning and preparation of patient rooms for occupancy, redecorating projects, washing walls and windows; carpet shampooing, and stripping and waxing floors.
Maintains required records, reports, and statistics as directed.
Performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms; gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials following procedures; removes waste and soiled linens from work area and place in specified bags or containers.
Buffs, strips, washes and polishes floors; operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums. Shampoos rugs and furniture.
Coordinates or conducts maintenance and care of equipment and supplies used in projects. Inspects equipment and requisitions it as needed from stock.
Instructs personnel in use of new equipment, cleaning techniques/methods, and cleaning agents. Uses cleaning materials and equipment, and explains methods of cleaning to ensure the most efficient and economical use of materials and manpower.
Tours and inspects project areas for quality of work performed and adherence to established policies and procedures
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety and confidentiality policies and standards.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Performs related duties assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of TMCH housekeeping experience.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of housekeeping best practices.
- Skill in training and leading staff.
- Ability to operate mechanical floor cleaners.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to read a clock and accurately document time.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to perform basic computer tasks (e.g. log in and out, e-mail correspondence, etc.).
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 30070