Environmental Services Associate II- Floor Tech
Performs all duties of an Environmental Services Associate I and a variety of moderately complex tasks related to floor care maintenance. Uses appropriate soaps, disinfectants, finishing products and equipment to clean, polish and maintain carpeted, tiled or other floors throughout the hospital. May clean other surfaces including but not limited to walls, doors, windows, countertops, work surfaces, or bath facilities as needed to maintain a sanitary, healthful environment for patients, employees and visitors. Moves furniture and fixtures as needed.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Buffs, washes, and polishes floors; operates mechanical floor cleaners, polishers and vacuums.
Shampoos rugs and furniture.
Cleans vents, fans and other equipment using vacuum machines; cleans and disinfects fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms; cleans fixtures, tops of windows, door frames and high areas using a ladder.
Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
Wet mops rooms, walls stairways and public areas.
Removes waste and soiled linens from work area and places in specified bags or containers.
Inspects and evaluates the hospital’s physical condition.
Makes recommendations concerning, painting, repairs, furnishings and furniture, relocation of equipment and allocation of space to improve sanitation, appearances and efficiency.
Moves, removes and relocates furniture, furnishings, equipment, as directed.
Assists in hanging drapes and dividers and takes them down for cleaning.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety and confidentiality policies and standards.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of TMCH housekeeping experience, with no active disciplinary action(s).
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of best practices used on cleaning floors and general cleaning.
- Knowledge of cleaning products and how to use them properly.
- Ability to operate and maintain (general cleaning and troubleshooting) mechanical floor cleaners, polishers, and vacuums.
- Skill in organizing own work assignments and following directions.
- Ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to perform basic computer tasks (e.g. log in and out, check e-mail, etc.).