Environmental Services Associate I
Provides a sanitary and aesthetically pleasing environment for patients, visitors and employees. Cleans sterile areas of the hospital. Cleans and disinfects surfaces as required by wiping, dusting, dust mopping, wet mopping, scrubbing, and vacuuming. Gathers and disposes of trash, waste materials, and bio-hazardous materials. Services and cleans paper and soap dispensers. Maintains hospital equipment and supplies in good working order. Removes and re-hangs draperies and cubicle curtains.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Identifies appropriate cleaning methods for specific environment.
Identifies appropriate cleaning product; follows manufacturer directions and/or established hospital procedures for application of cleaning product.
Collects refuse and deposits in allocated place for pickup and disposal; handles discarded hazardous materials safely and appropriately.
Identifies and matches paper and soap products for appropriate dispensers and fills as required.
Cleans and assists with basic daily maintenance of equipment; uses proper body techniques to move furniture or other items as needed.
Follows procedures for scheduled removal or as needed maintenance and replacement of draperies and curtains.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety and confidentiality policies and standards.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Performs terminal cleaning procedures of patient rooms and prepares room for new occupant; follows isolation procedures in isolation rooms.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Makes recommendations concerning, painting, repairs, furnishings and furniture, relocation of equipment and allocation of space to improve sanitation, appearances and efficiency.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
EXPERIENCE: None. This is an entry-level position.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to learn and utilize cleaning applications and products.
- Skill in following directions and organizing work.
- Ability to read or listen and comprehend simple instructions spoken in the English language, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Ability to read a clock and accurately document time.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to perform basic computer tasks (e.g. log in and out, check e-mail, etc.).