Employee Relations Partner Senior
Using technical, functional, and business expertise advises and counsels management and employees in employee relations areas to include policies, programs, employment law, and legal compliance requirements. Identifies complex problems and collects, reviews, and analyzes relevant information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Consistently uses independent judgment in decision making.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Provides leadership and expert guidance to management staff on diverse and complex issues based on extensive knowledge and accurate interpretation of TMC policies and federal and state regulations.
Participates in creating and implementing new and revised HR programs.
Working with leadership, provides the required support for reductions in force.
Trains managers on relevant topics to include but not limited to employment law and legal compliance, conflict resolution, communication, and performance management.
Provides coaching and guidance to management on methods to resolve employee relations issues
Establish and maintain relationships to understand business needs and proactively provide solutions.
Working with internal partners, i.e., Security, Management, and Legal, conducts internal investigations, analyzes information, reports on findings, and makes recommendations.
Provides leadership and support throughout Employee Survey Process. Participates in the development of the survey, rollout, reporting, analysis, and resulting action planning. Conducts periodic climate assessments of individual departments using such tools as 360, targeted surveys, interviews, and exit data and recommends strategies for improvement.
Responsible for providing HR On-Boarding for new people leaders.
Prepares, analyzes, and distributes pertinent information to the Organization as appropriate.
Works directly with third party unemployment vendor to effectively utilize their services. Prepares for, coordinates, and participates in unemployment hearings. Provides Research for and participates in the organization's response to lawsuits and charges of discrimination; works closely with legal on formal charges/compla ints, as well as on sensitive cases.
Administers ADA process
Investigate employee grievances using the Resolution Request Process
Ensures integrity and security of confidential employee data.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution in a related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years of professional human resource experience in Employee Relations.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: PHR or SPHR Certification Preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
· Knowledge of investigative and analytical techniques, procedures, and requirements.
· Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to choose the most appropriate.
· Skill in preparing detailed reports, researching a variety of topics and presenting information to management.
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
· Adaptability and enthusiasm to work in an environment that supports new ideas and change
· Skill in analyzing needs of management and preparing recommendations.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, management, representatives of other healthcare organizations, and the general public.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.