Director Professional Practice
Manages all aspects of practice improvement and education of nursing workforce. Oversees clinical research, education, and clinical data analysis. Acts as a visionary leader to design, execute, and achieve nursing strategies. Performs job responsibilities in a manner to further TMC’s ability to serve our patients, their families, and visitors. Assumes other responsibilities delegated by the Chief Nursing Officer.
Organizes and manages professional development of clinical workforce, developing learning curriculums and practices, and promoting clinical research.
Establishes and implements strategies to inspire, promote and advance the professional development of clinical staff; oversees educational programs and activities.
Oversees assigned budgets, including projections and reconciliation; understands implications of TMC business decisions on bottom line and manages activities to produce results to support business decisions.
Applies business understanding to improve practices and processes of role; leverages inter-function linkages to raise performance levels; thinks in global, cross-boundary terms before setting out on a project or problem-solving initiative.
Communicates and interfaces with hospital personnel, patients, medical staff, and family members to ensure high-quality patient care; keeps department members informed on key issues.
Develops contingency plans with appropriate tactics and responds to unforeseen circumstances and utilizes planned resources, putting patients at the center of planning and delivery of services.
Develops a coaching and mentoring relationship with others that is purposefully aimed at developing their independence; encourages others to consider creative or innovative approaches to changing goals, processes or environments; assigns specific projects to challenge others and stretch their abilities and self-confidence.
Implements and maintains established department, unit and hospital policies, procedures and objectives; assures compliance with organization’s quality event reporting system in a timely and accurate manner.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree required. Master’s degree in Nursing preferred. Will consider Master’s degree in other appropriate areas if already has BSN
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years Leadership experience in acute care. Two (2) years at director-level experience preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Current RN licensure permitting work in the State of Arizona.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of care techniques, tools and responses required to ensure optimal patient care.
- Knowledge of OSHA and CMS requirements.
- Skill in evaluating performance and recommending improvements.
- Skill in developing and managing budgets.
- Skill in developing training materials and educating staff in the proper responses for care issues.
- Skill in the use and maintenance of computer systems and programs, especially NRCPR, PC File and Folder, Word, EXCEL, e-mail and attachment capabilities, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.