Desktop Computing Analyst
Performs analytical, technical and administrative work in the planning, design and installation of personal computer (PC) systems, mobile devices, smartphones , printers, audio/visual equipment, cable television and other end user devices. Builds, tests and deploys desktop devices. Confers with customers to identify types of hardware and software required and provides training in their use. Follows established protocols for PC applications and hardware while installing and supporting hardware and software.
Builds, installs, tests and inventories desktop hardware, software, printers, smartphones and other end user devices. Works with Microsoft Windows, Windows Embedded, Macintosh and other operating systems, as needed.
Installs and configures network connectivity devices.
Utilizes documented instructions for installations of supported products.
Provides support in an on-call rotation.
Troubleshoots simple to moderate desktop hardware/software and network connectivity problems with minimal assistance.
Meets pre-defined time frames for resolution with customers.
Installs approved, properly licensed software according to departmental standards.
Resolves problems or follows proper escalation process within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA) time frames.
Documents changes to inventory in the asset system.
Utilizes standard desktops and centralized desktop management tools.
Ensures that Statements of Work (SOW) and SLAs are complete and accurate, and escalates if proper SLA agreements have not been met.
Documents trouble tickets in the problem management system.
Exhibits excellence in customer service through appropriate attitude and interaction with all patients, visitors and staff.
Adheres to and supports team members in exhibiting TMCH values of integrity, community, compassion, and dedication.
Adheres to TMC organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months of desktop analysis experience. Additional experience may substitute for education requirement on a year-for year basis.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: A+ certification required within 6 months of hire. Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification in related area or related certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of personal computer (PC) products and systems and how to evaluate and trouble shoot issues.
· Skill in analyzing PC products and systems, and training users.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may potentially be exposed to infectious organisms during routine and emergency situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 lbs.