Coordinator Senior Services
Coordinates activities and programs for older adults, under the supervision of the TMC for Seniors Director. This community benefit program provides wellness lectures, support groups, socialization activities and resources to seniors in Southern Arizona. Assists in planning community activities, marketing materials and coordinating outreach to the senior community.
Assists and coordinates planning, organizing of TMC for Seniors activities.
May coordinate the TMC for Seniors volunteer program including recruitment, retention, orientation and training sessions for all volunteers.
Management of the website registration system and assistance with virtual learning opportunities.
Strong marketing background. Contributes information and ideas to help develop marketing approach.
Excellent communication and customer service skills. Exhibits strong initiative; identifies and takes action to resolve barriers to quality, workflow and customer satisfaction.
Knowledge of TMC for Seniors activities, community resources and TMC HealthCare to share with the community. Be the “go-to” person when others have questions.
Develops and maintains community relationships for marketing and community affairs purposes.
Coordinates, writes and helps develop a variety of internal and external publications, newsletters, curricula, and calendar.
Works with team to plan and execute events and programs, including coordination of vendors and other outside resources as needed.
Serves on community-based committees as appropriate and aligned with organization’s mission.
May assist in the coordination of hospital-wide recognition events.
Prepare and set-up for onsite classes including educational materials, displays, registration check-in, speaker introduction, AV operations and classroom set-up.
Highly organized with great attention to detail. Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt workflow.
Performs advanced, diversified and confidential administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices for community benefit reporting.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business/Marketing, Social Work, Gerontology or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of related professional experience, five (5) years working with experience in program development and implementation preferred.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: None Required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of aging issues including demographics, national trends and emerging issues preferred.
- Understanding of issues and dynamics related to volunteerism.
- Working Knowledge of the Aging Network including local, state and national community resources preferred.
- Knowledge of volunteer coordination including recruitment, training and retention.
- Ability to motivate volunteers, staff and older adults.
- Strong communication skills; ability to work with and supervise a diverse workforce of volunteers.
- Skill in writing program materials to advertise, explain and communicate a variety of topics related to older adults.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of audio-visual equipment and ability to use online streaming formats.